What's new

One Pass Shave

The definition of “shaved” has changed in recent years. Back in the day a quick, one-pass WTG shave was the norm. A schmear of canned goo, a quick pass, rinse and a splash of Old Spice and off you went. Things were different

Since yesterday, I took the decision to do only one pass WTG to shave my head,
because I have sensitive skin and I don't like to have irritation anymore.

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday : head shaving with one pass WTG.

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday : beard shaving with one pass WTG.

WTG and shaving becomes so much easier and more comfortable.

I head shave, but normally do a two pass S-N every other day. The first pass clears 95% with the second pass cleaning up the rest. Quick and efficient with a DFS.

No one can visibly see the difference between a good one pass shave and a multipass shave. But everyone can spot irritation from multiple passes. I'm a night shaver too.

That may be true, but as I am the sole judge which kind of shave is up to my standard (and not someone else) I stick to my two pass shaves plus yaw line touch-up, be that with safety razor or straight razor.
Not sure when - or if ever - I had an irritation because of more than one pass.

If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right and I did not toss out razor cartridges several decades ago so that I now recreate the feel of those shaves by limiting myself to a single pass.

But then again, maybe I am too hung up on getting BBS shaves… :straight:

B.

Last edited:
That may be true, but as I am the sole judge which kind of shave is up to my standard (and not someone else) I stick to my two pass shaves plus yaw line touch-up, be that with safety razor or straight razor.
Not sure when - or if ever - I had an irritation because of more than one pass.

If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right and I did not toss out razor cartridges several decades ago so that I now recreate the feel of those shaves by limiting myself to a single pass.

But then again, maybe I am too hung up on getting BBS shaves… :straight:

B.
Agreed.

This was more directed at new shavers chasing a BBS after a month of starting DE shaving, switching between 6 different razors, a blade sampler and doing 4+ passes.

Top Bottom