What's new

One Pass Shave

This looks awesome, blackland appears to have been mentioned a few times above..

Would you consider Blackland as a Rolls Royce of shavers? If not.. out of curiosity what are?
@Daves88, what I can say in all the actuality is that for me the Vector has been the best shaving device I have ever used, bar none. And I've tried quite a few, from aforementioned R41 to uber-mild AS-D2, true SRs, Feather AC SS shavette, RR Hawk and some other razors... nothing comes close to the Vector in terms of maneuverability, nimbleness and quality of the shave itself.

However, do remember that in this hobby (almost) everything is YMMV, so take what I'm saying with that proverbial grain of salt.

Whether it's a Rolls-Royce of shaving, I honestly don't know. FWIW, I drive a Ford Kuga (Escape) and am happy with it, great car for my needs/budget. If I'd have to make a car analogy by all means, I'd say Vector is Bugatti Chiron, the ultimate roadster, a super-car, nimble and agile to the bone.

A Rolls-Royce equivalent razor brand? I think you should consult @never-stop-learning, David is an expert. He can tell you much more about various razor brands and models than I can.

In any case, I'd get the Vector. I think David and I can agree on that one 100% 😁

1620048467480.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
This looks awesome, blackland appears to have been mentioned a few times above..

Would you consider Blackland as a Rolls Royce of shavers? If not.. out of curiosity what are?
@Daves88, what I can say in all the actuality is that for me the Vector has been the best shaving device I have ever used, bar none. And I've tried quite a few, from aforementioned R41 to uber-mild AS-D2, true SRs, Feather AC SS shavette, RR Hawk and some other razors... nothing comes close to the Vector in terms of maneuverability, nimbleness and quality of the shave itself.

However, do remember that in this hobby (almost) everything is YMMV, so take what I'm saying with that proverbial grain of salt.

Whether it's a Rolls-Royce of shaving, I honestly don't know. FWIW, I drive a Ford Kuga (Escape) and am happy with it, great car for my needs/budget. If I'd have to make a car analogy by all means, I'd say Vector is Bugatti Chiron, the ultimate roadster, a super-car, nimble and agile to the bone.

A Rolls-Royce equivalent razor brand? I think you should consult @never-stop-learning, David is an expert. He can tell you much more about various razor brands and models than I can.

In any case, I'd get the Vector. I think David and I can agree on that one 100% 😁

View attachment 1261451

How do you like your R41?

My beard resembles gray, chaotic barbed wire. Much different than how you describe your beard. Please remember that all of this is in my opinion, YMMV, etc. :)

The Vector, with OC and SB plates, is right at the top of my "Big Dog" rotation. If forced to choose only one razor, the Vector would very probably be the one. The OC plate with a Schick Proline or Feather Pro Super blade is a very efficient and effective shaving instrument. If you want to tame it down a bit, use the SB plate with a Schick Proline or Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG blade. This is a razor that you can tune to just the right feel with a combination of plate and blade. Highly recommended.

The other "Rolls Royce" razors you might want to look at:
  • Blackland Razors Blackbird Titanium (also the Brass and Stainless, but the Ti is my current preferred Blackbird - all three Blackbirds are superb razors).
  • Timeless Titanium Slim SB (my current preferred Timeless razor).
  • Timeless Bronze .38 SB or .78 OC (the .78 OC is highly efficient - may not be an optimal daily driver with your beard).
  • Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (you may also want to look at some of the lower gap Wolfman razors with your beard - excellent and expensive).
If you want an excellent razor that is more reasonably priced (~US$75 - ~US$125), please check out my mid-priced razor comparison here:

My personal choices are:
  • Blackland Razors Dart
  • Fatip Lo Storto Originale
  • Ikon B1 Standard
  • Karve Brass (assortment of plates - OC and SB)
  • Rex Envoy
If you do not mind having to OCCASIONALLY (if ever) manually align the blade, the Fatip razors are great values that offer outstanding shaves. The Fatip Lo Storto Originale is in my weekly rotation. Something to consider and might be easier for you to get in Australia.

Be happy to assist if you have additional questions.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, The vector seems to have alot of decent reviews. Such ashame i cant find a local stockist in Australia!

I can see someone selling it privately with the Muhle handle though..

M

mtcn77

If you have mapped you beard perfectly, that will improve the overall closeness you get from your single pass shave.

I would shave diagonally from the jaw angle - up towards the sideburns and towards the chin in the bottom half - and call it a day. I have tried shaving in multiple passea and never got close enough without following this direction.

Top Bottom