What's new

One Pass Only. SR vs DE?

The advantage of SR is it can use lots of angles, when your edge is sharper, the angle needs to be smaller. DE is restricted from its angle. If there is only one pass, I would choose a shavette with half DE blade, and lay it almost flat on the skin. Tame shavette monster, it will be a powerful partner.

I've never considered a one pass shave 'finished' myself. I've quit at one on great occasion for some odd reason but I almost always shave at least twice. My question centered more around the fact that if I rinse my face after the first pass I can feel that a DE shave is closer than a SR shave at that point. Rinsing my face after the first pass with a SR feels almost like it did nothing, but I know that's not true because I can see what was shaved off when I wipe the blade. Again, I was really just curious if that was a common observation with SR or possibly just my newbie technique. Thanks!!

For me on a one pass basis The D.E. is a little bit closer..But where the D.E. CANT compare to the straight is the fact that the straight razor just irritates my skin so much less..I liked the DE razor so much better than carts..But when I switched to straights I still am amazed how for the same quality of shave I get WAY less irritation with the straight..That’s where it shines for me..Its like the edge knows the difference between skin and stubble..That’s just my opinion.

Top Bottom