What's new

One Last Soap?

Plain Dove bar soap paired with my hand me down DD SR. Came into the shaving world the same way, so might as well go out the same way. That said it’s game on and wide open until that day.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m a big lavender fan. Castle Forbes Lavender who be a nice way to finish things off.
I'm gonna have to ruin Mr @Steve56 's night...

I'm changing my answer to the sample of Ethos Lavender stuff that my wonderful friend @......oh my! I'm drawing a blank! I think his profile pic is Wunder Dawg, doggone! CRATE! That's it. @MilkCrate gave it to me. I think he knows Lemon and Lavender are two of my greatest weaknesses!

I honestly do need to update my Trust..... Maybe I'll change it to reflect my desire to have those two essential oils soaked in mummies rags and wrapped around my incredibly handsome face/body instead of embalming me, and take me out on Halloween and rent me so my lovely best friend and sparring partner can use me in a Haunted House to make a few bucks? With all proceeds going to my non-profit for the preservation of respect for Arko!

FarmerTan

I'll have been gone for one day shy of three weeks when I finally get home from my road trip to Independence, MO.... I love shave sticks 99.987 % of the time, but that fraction of one percent really drives home for me how much I like the old OLD pucks a few Gents here have given me.

@Marco 's opinion was perfect as regards @ LaToja..... The mineral salts just do something that make my incredibly handsome face even handsomer!

I'll have been gone for one day shy of three weeks when I finally get home from my road trip to Independence, MO.... I love shave sticks 99.987 % of the time, but that fraction of one percent really drives home for me how much I like the old OLD pucks a few Gents here have given me.

@Marco 's opinion was perfect as regards @ LaToja..... The mineral salts just do something that make my incredibly handsome face even handsomer!

I don't use LaToja anymore since it causes a bit if stinging when I use it, but there is something special about how my face feels after I shave with it. Not sure if it's the salts that do it, but my skin tends to feel really good after I rinse it off. Now if i could just eliminate that stinging sensation...

FarmerTan

I don't use LaToja anymore since it causes a bit if stinging when I use it, but there is something special about how my face feels after I shave with it. Not sure if it's the salts that do it, but my skin tends to feel really good after I rinse it off. Now if i could just eliminate that stinging sensation...
I think it took me two shaves for it to mellow out. The third was much nicer, but yeah, especially the first one: that was rougher that Arko on a sunburn!

I think it took me two shaves for it to mellow out. The third was much nicer, but yeah, especially the first one: that was rougher that Arko on a sunburn!

I gave it a pretty good run (probably half a sticks worth of shaves) before I finally decided it wasn't worth it for me. I stuck with it for as long as I did for its great lather and for that post shave face feel. Perhaps I'll give it another shot at some point since it's so inexpensive.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Dave, what about SV Beta 4.3 and Cella Extra Extra Bio? I highly endorse both. :thumbup:

Well, for me it'd be Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot. On top of being an excellent performer, the scent is perfect. I could happily setlle on it being my last ever soap and shave.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well, for me it'd be Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot. On top of being an excellent performer, the scent is perfect. I could happily setlle on it being my last ever soap and shave.
Years ago a B&B member from the US sent me a full jar of Catie's Bubbles to test. I do not recall its name (kind of French?), but it was truly EXCELLENT. Bravi Americans! :a14:

Years ago a B&B member from the US sent me a full jar of Catie's Bubbles to test. I do not recall its name (kind of French?), but it was truly EXCELLENT. Bravi Americans! :a14:

Was it spicy? Might have been La Piment de la Vie, although, from memory, I seem to recall they have another French-sounding scent name, at least.

I did have La Piment de la Vie and it was truly magnificent, but my skin doesn't seem to agree with spices, sadly.

Discontinued: Valobra Patchouly/Penhaligon's English Fern (tallow)
Current offerings: D.R. Harris Windsor

What can I say...I like tallow + a good scent!

I'm gonna have to ruin Mr @Steve56 's night...

I'm changing my answer to the sample of Ethos Lavender stuff that my wonderful friend @......oh my! I'm drawing a blank! I think his profile pic is Wunder Dawg, doggone! CRATE! That's it. @MilkCrate gave it to me. I think he knows Lemon and Lavender are two of my greatest weaknesses!

I honestly do need to update my Trust..... Maybe I'll change it to reflect my desire to have those two essential oils soaked in mummies rags and wrapped around my incredibly handsome face/body instead of embalming me, and take me out on Halloween and rent me so my lovely best friend and sparring partner can use me in a Haunted House to make a few bucks? With all proceeds going to my non-profit for the preservation of respect for Arko!
The ancient Egyptians used lavender in funerals. The scent was believed to help the dead to heaven. When Howard Carter opened King Tutankhamun's tomb in 1922 he reported that he could still smell the lavender oil over 3,000 years after the tomb was closed later.

The lovely soothing scents of MWF or SV Dolomiti (LE dark black puck) are what I would love to smell for my final shaves.

Top Bottom