What's new

One important trick, tip, technique, important info learned.

When you are beginning with DE shaving you often think you need a different razor. After your technique is better you learn you can get a good shave with any razor.

I didn't get to where I am in shaving by learning one trick/technique. There have been a lot of them. But the latest (as I'm still learning) is shaving with a steep angle.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Preparation, pressure, and angle - which is not the same for SE and DE razors. Do not get over confident and sloppy no matter how proficient you may think you have become - take your time, shaving is a pleasure and not a chore.

I learned just to take my time when shaving. That and a thorough lathering, getting a thick lather is important. Prep IS important.

You certainly didn't learn that HERE!
Kingfisher I sure did someone or 2 or 3 a while ago suggested it. But I did not think of doing it!! And spent too much. Wish I would have listed to them back then. But I do now.
Not everyone is a free spender. Not I now.

That it's just shaving and not rocket science. I appreciate you all but some of you put way too much thought into it.

Time spent waiting for hot facecloth hydration to work isn't wasted.

When you're retired, you don't have to beat the clock.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I learned just how much shaving stuff exists in the world. There is a huge myriad of soaps, creams, and post shave products that I never knew existed.

I also learned that I don't need it - indirectly - by trying several different things, and finding them to be of no significant (if any) improvement over what I already used.

In the same vain, I learned to just enjoy my shaves, and not chase other people's. I love this forum, but I've mostly gone back to my old techniques, and cheap store bought products. Great shaves for pennies.

After each and every shave, take the blade out , rinse it thoroughly in hot water, pat it dry with a towel, and return it to its paper wrapper until next use... then make the number of uses with a dot on the wrapper! This way, you always know for certain how many times you've used a given blade. This also allows you to take apart and properly clean your razor for its next use.

Top Bottom