What's new

One-Handed Shaving Advice

Kevin said:
Tom,

Like many things in life, you take them for granted until you don't have it. When I was younger I fractured my right wrist playing softball. Simple daily activities become challenges. At the time I was driving a car with a stick and had to keep reaching across with my left hand to shift gears, not an easy or safe task.

I hope your surgery goes well.

If you get the left handed technique down, you could lay your claim to fame by becoming the the first ambidextrous wetshaver of the B&B community. :001_smile

Kevin

Using both hands with a DE has never been an issue for me...however, with a straight, it's a bit different!

Randy

I used a BIC Sensitive Skin disposable at the sink today, after first applying hot towels for a few minutes -- it felt like my beard was nice and soft.

BUT, the frakkin' BIC ripped all holy hell out of my face! (I used Tom's Mint Shaving Cream, which may have been a mistake, also). I got the beard off (mostly), but the razor must have RUBBED off the beard, for all the burn I got!

It took the better part of an hour, with both Tendskin and Code Blue, to calm down my face, which remained red and itchy for the rest of the day. I'm applying Aloe Vera as I go to bed now.

I'm inclined just to let the beard GROW until I get the use of both of my hands (typing with one hand is no fun, either...).

Thanks for all the suggestions, though! Too sleepy now to be very coherent.:tongue_sm

Tom

Top Bottom