What's new

One change at a time.

So I use a replated Fatboy on #4, Feather blade, Simpson badger and ARKO soap. I fill my sink with hot water and soak the ARKO and brush while I shower. Exit, dry off and then shave. I know soaking is not needed but it warms the soap, brush and just feels good. Now 80-90% of the time I get a very nice shave but I feel a change is in order. I have normal skin for a 60+ year old, shave M-W-F, getting older my whiskers have definitely slowed down in growth. What blade should I try next? I’ll get said blade and use them for at least 3 months before I decide if it’s a keeper. What is your most go to, forgiving, yet cutting blade?

I've found that Gillette Silver Blues and Gillette Nacets are sharp, yet smooth. I also like Gillette Platinums, Astra Superior Stainless and Platinums...... wait, I've got to stop, I've got to stop! :facep:

And, if you give it time, you'll find lots of bashing of those same blades. All you can do is sample different ones. Personally, I can barely tell a difference between the dozen or so different blades I use save for Feathers and KAIs (for different reasons).

My ‘top-tier’ (in no particular order):
Personna red
Personna lab (or med prep)
Wizamet SI (or Polsilover)
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP

I'm partial to Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette Super Blues, Feathers, and Nacets. I've also used Personnas and Astras with some success.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Too many to list...but these three always seem to impress me:

Wilkinson Sword (German)
Bic Astor
Timor SS

Top Bottom