What's new

One box to age long term

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I am looking to pick up a box of cigars that will be buried down into the depths of the cooler for a long, long time. Clearly this should be something that should be worth the wait. I'm currently torn between the obvious Monte #2 and the somewhat less common Partagas Lusitania. Also in the running is a box of Padron 1964s which I'm sure would be sublime, but at this point I think I'd rather have something with a date code on the bottom.

What would you pick?

Padrons in general all age super fantastically IMO. I'm not too huge on the partagas lucitania...I've had quite a few plugged ones. I think out of the last box I had about 1/3 of them were plugged.

I wonder if you are the same "Commander Quan" from another forum??

Anyway - the Monte #2 and Partagas Lusitania are absolutely fantastic cigars! Excellent, excellent choices! Personally, I would have to go for the Lusitania's for aging.

You are also quite right about the Padron's and aging a box with a date. Personally I think the '64s are good to go right out of the box and I'm not sure how much they would gain with extended aging. I would be more tempted to age the '26's ... but not for too long.

Commander Quan

That other guy is probably me too. I certainly hope no one else is running around with the same name as me for their characters sake.

A plugged Lusitania is quite an irony.

To me pardon 1964's become rather bland if put away for more than a year, I try to smoke them in less than 6 months of purchase, there's much chatter about this on the forums and would encourage you to do a google search on this matter if you doubt it. For me the non CC'S that age remarkably are fuente anejos and opus x. As far as CC's go I've had some of the tastiest smokes from aged cohiba robustos, H uppman conni #1's, and Bolivar petit coronas. All of these are well worth the wait. I don't smoke many cc's without at the very lest 3 years on them (even though many are reporting that many current production cc's are smoking very nicely fresh and I do believe that because I just had a boli pc form 2013 during the weekend that was very good ), but those that I mentioned are spectacular with 5 years or so.

edit:
Add QdO coronas and Por larranga petit coronas to the list, these are also awesome with some age on them.

Last edited:

Commander Quan

I have a full box of 07 Boli PCs. I'm hoping to dig those out soon.

Just for reference the goal is 10+ years for the new box.

I have a full box of 07 Boli PCs. I'm hoping to dig those out soon.

Just for reference the goal is 10+ years for the new box.
Those boli pc's will be fantastic, I'm working through a box from 08 that is just stunning. The oldest cc's I've had would be 7 year old cohiba robustos. They are worth it.

I need to get to a point with cigars that I want to bury a box for 10 yrs..Cheers, Derrick!

P.S. Your thread title made me think of Lord of the Rings :biggrin1:

I don't think I could pick just one! I have some June '09 Punch Punch tubos that are waiting another 2.5 years for my son's 18th birthday, maybe until his 21st, but I try like crazy to forget that I have them! The next oldest I have are Dec '09 Monte #2's.

I have tried to age Padron 1964 and it didn't work out. I like them much better fresh.

PLPC with 5 years is the best cigar in the world with fresh roasted coffee. IMHO

RASS with five years are sublime.

Can't go wrong aging Monte #2. (If you start out with a good box, they are hit and miss for me.)

I have tried to age Padron 1964 and it didn't work out. I like them much better fresh.

PLPC with 5 years is the best cigar in the world with fresh roasted coffee. IMHO

RASS with five years are sublime.

Can't go wrong aging Monte #2. (If you start out with a good box, they are hit and miss for me.)

I've had similar experiences with monti 2 and anything in a double corona.

I don't have anything constructive to contribute, but at first glance I thought the thread was called "one box to rule them all" and immediately my mind continued with 'one box to find them. one box to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them'. Well it amused me a little anyway :001_rolle

I don't have anything constructive to contribute, but at first glance I thought the thread was called "one box to rule them all" and immediately my mind continued with 'one box to find them. one box to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them'. Well it amused me a little anyway :001_rolle

Same thing happened to me! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom