What's new

One blade one shave?

3 shaves and done for DE and injector blades. 6 shaves for AC and GEM blades. The shaves after the 1st are usually better except with Feather DE which have a better initial shave. FHS-10 blades is the only one and done blade for me. The dice makes it easier to know how many shaves they’ve been through.

I couldn't do it. It feels wrong of I don't get at least a week from my blades. With Polsilvers it's 2 at least to a month if I pushed it.

I was a one and toss guy until around January. Then I started seeing how far I could stretch a blade. Today I tossed an Astra SP after my fourth 3-pass shave. It was a DFS.

What sparked it was my disbelief that my stepfather was still using the blade assortment I'd given him 3 Christmas holidays ago in the Parker 99R I got him. He said a blade would last him a month. And I said, " I must be a terrible spendthrift."

I was a one and toss guy until around January. Then I started seeing how far I could stretch a blade. Today I tossed an Astra SP after my fourth 3-pass shave. It was a DFS.

What sparked it was my disbelief that my stepfather was still using the blade assortment I'd given him 3 Christmas holidays ago in the Parker 99R I got him. He said a blade would last him a month. And I said, " I must be a terrible spendthrift."
I wouldn't push it to a point where it's uncomfortable (I'm not saying 4 is too many). They are so many other areas where money can be saved, and in amounts where it can actually make a difference. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish, but don't throw pennies on the ground either. :) You should enjoy, however you do it!

For years, I've been tossing blades after 3 shaves.

That said, I am rethinking this. My go-to blade is Israeli Personna and I'm sure I could go for 6 or more on one blade.

Top Bottom