What's new

one bathroom, lots of wetshavers

mrob said:
My wife is like NMMB--she won't drink out of my glass, but she will. . .um. . .er. . .uh. . .be, affectionate.:tongue:

I don't get it?

Mitch (and everybody else who thinks that I'm weird because of this*),

I have had to explain this many times... in fact, I've probably had to explain it to every girl I've ever dated when I say "No, you can't drink from my glass/mug/bottle/etc". In fact, if somebody else did drink out of my glass I would most likely stop drinking from that glass (even if it is SWMBO). I understand that it is strange, since I have been more than willing to kiss all of these girls (and otherwise show "affection")... the best I've ever been able to come up with is the 2-part answer that follows:

- I have 3 brothers and am therefore very protective of what is mine (i.e. it is a matter of territoriality).
- At some point when I was a child somebody told me not to share drinks b/c I could catch cold sores (herpes) and I've taken that very seriously because I was especially impressionable when they told me. I don't know if this did happen, but it does make sense.

* If you think that I am crazy for a different reason (like the fact that I often use footnotes when I make a post, for instance), well, I doubt that this makes me sound any more sane.

Michael,

I don't think you're weird. . .because of this!:tongue:

Actually, my wife is also very territorial--she's just not a "good sharer," as she puts it!

I have a problem when eating out with friends. I will not share my food its as simple as that. you get statments like "I wish I chose that" and "what's that like". Why is it you go to a nice restaurant with your girlfriend or friends and once the food is served there's forks being passed from plate to plate?

Jonnybc said:
I have a problem when eating out with friends. I will not share my food its as simple as that. ...

I'm the same... the only way I will share food is if it is food that is designed to be shared (wings, for example - and then only if it is with somebody that I trust to be clean). I won't share what is on my plate, or eat from a friends plate, no matter if we are out at a ncie resturant or if we are at home... again, it is just not something that I can do... like the way that I can't share a drink with somebody.

Top Bottom