What's new

“Once in a Blue Moon” PIF

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
We don’t do a lot of PIFs in the Nib. You might even say they are once in a Blue Moon. Well, as you astrological cognoscenti out there know, there happens to be Blue Moon coming up this Saturday on Halloween (maybe that’s what’s wrong with 2020). So I thought it was high time for a Nib PIF. In celebration of the Blue Moon, I’m going to PIF two sample vials of blue ink.

In my couple years in this hobby, I have amassed a nice collection of blue ink.
1003FD8B-9108-43DD-A258-AA3DD5E3B055.jpeg

Back row: Pilot Iroshizuku Asa Gao, Rohrer & Klinger Salix, Parker Blue-Black, Monteverde Sapphire
Front row: Visconti Blue, Platinum Blue-Black, Monteverde Horizon Blue, Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

The winner can select two vials worth of any of the above ink.

Here’s how to play - just say you’re in and I’ll pick a random winner in a week. But, to make it fun, what’s your favorite song or album with “blue” in the title?

I have two. The first is “Yer Blues” by the Beatles (but let’s be real-it’s John’s song). As much as I dig the version on the White Album, I will say that the definitive performance is the one from The Rolling Stones’ Rock and Roll Circus by The Dirty Mac. Only the greatest super group EVER! John Lennon on vocals and rhythm guitar, Eric Clapton on lead guitar, Keith Richards in bass, and Mitch Mitchell on drums. Incredible!

And my second pick...well, I’m not going to say just yet. But if it’s also your pick, then you are the second winner and get two ink samples too.

I'm IN- I'm a country music fan so two of my fav's are "Blue ain't your color" by Keith Urban and "Bluebird" by Miranda Lambert. I'm also a huge fan of blue ink. Thanks for the excellent PIF John!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Blue Moon of Kentucky. Many recordings so take your pick. I suppose Elvis might be the most famous of them.

Or heck, Baby Blue by George Strait is pretty good too.

NOT IN!

That’s a whole lotta blue ink.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice PIF John! Not in, I've got all those lovely blues except the Visconti. Cool bottle.

Van

First Halloween full moon since 1944, my first!

Not in as I don't have a pen. Also, not sure it's my favorite, but the song that comes to mind is "Blue Moon of Kentucky" - Bill Monroe

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom