What's new

On Which Side of the Universe Do You Stand?

Marvel, DC, or 'Other'?

• Marvel Comics Dominates like the Hulk on 'roids

• DC has the power and Batman is Incredible

• Other/specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
Recently, I've become 'reinterested' in superhero comics. One of the biggest rivalries in the genre is Marvel vs DC. There are other good companies out there, but they don't receive the recognition (especially without movie blockbusters for advertising).

So, which company reigns supreme?

I'd have to go with Marvel. The reason is because I collected G.I. Joe comics in the 80's and anxiously waited for the next issue to arrive at the store. G.I. Joe had a great story line.

DL

I'd have to go with Marvel. The reason is because I collected G.I. Joe comics in the 80's and anxiously waited for the next issue to arrive at the store. G.I. Joe had a great story line.

DL

I also collected G.I. Joe, I still have them.

Anybody read The Warlord? I liked it a lot.

this might be the hardest question I have ever had to answer.
For many years Image comics was the best. But then they stopped paying their artists.
I guess most of the titles I collect now are more DC.
but my 2 favorites are Batman and Wolverine. Right down the middle is correct.

I don't read comics. But, if I did, it would have to be this one by Marvel:

proxy.php

I'm gonna say Marvel because I just like the X-Men, especially the Astonishing X-Men that were created out of the Cassady/Whedon union. DC is okay, but I never got too involved with it. Dark Horse is a great company too. I read ALL the Alien/Predator/Terminator comics they came out with, as well as some Star Wars ones. But alas, my comic book reading/ acquisition disorder:tongue_sm has been put on hold while I'm in the midst of my studies:frown:

The current stuff is mostly trash, and high-priced trash at that. I grew up in the Silver Age, and read 'em all, including Archie and Casper. Hard to top Lee, Kirby, Ditko, the Buscemas, Bill Everett, Gil Kane, Roy Thomas, etc. I voted Marvel based on that body of work plus the outstanding current work of Ed Brubaker. What do you say about a writer who kills your favorite character and makes you like it? :smile:

Did a little pre-spring cleaning this weekend and found my official membership in the Merry Marvel Marching Society in a old box of stuff in the garage. No contest its Marvel.

Its gotten to the point where I follow writers and pencillers as much as titles. And since they are all semi-free-agents nowadays I jump back and forth a lot.

Right now I think Marvel is dominating. Secret Invasion straight into Dark Reign, new Cap, Iron Man out of action, multiple sets of Avengers, all good.

And anyone who isn't reading Astonishing X-Men right now is way missing out. Excellent writing and stellar art.

Top Bottom