What's new

On the fence for an injector razor

It could be a late e model, if the first patent number is pending its an e not a g. Hard to say until you can take pictures when they arrive.

I will. Probably there isn't a huuuge difference between E and G models in terms of aggression, but I hope it's an E model.

I woudn't complain if it's G, but I was hoping to try a bit more aggresive razor since I like them a lot more. I mean i've got it for 7$ shipped so I woudn't complain either way :D.

There is a definite difference in aggression between the E and G models.

And a difference in aggression among E models. BBS-1 wrote a nice thread on the various Es.

The SISSIES thread a a good spot injctor SOTDs and photos.

And here is the BBS-1 Schick M thread:

At times my RAD would blush and throb at the thought of jumping into the Injector rabbit hole. But then l realize l am pretty well set for life (and my heirs too) with the DE & SE assorted razors & blades l own ATM. l would rather have extra $€£ to spend on my essentials like utilities & food and be happy with what l have than buy more gear of a razor l want, but surely do not need right now. Maybe in the future l will jump into this rabbit hole. Happy shaves you Schick-heads! One day l too shall be one of you.

I feel the same. I'm stocked with nearly 3000 DE blades and I'm thinking about getting a few 100s GEM blades for my MMOC and for the most part I'm just going to experiment with these two cheap Schicks with a pack of Chinese Schicks and Personnas to see what's the fuss all about and even if I end up liking them I highly doubt that I'm going to buy more than 100-200 blades depending on which brand I end up liking more, but I hope it's the Personnas because they are WAY cheaper than the Chinese Schicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For any fence sitters out there, I highly recommend that you try a Schick injector as I did. After collecting 12 DE razors, modern and vintage, and having 7 in my rotation, I decided to give Schick injectors a try. I bought a new Schick injector clone online and additional blades and shaved with it this morn. A great, no nick shave. I was concerned about finding the right angle, but that came intuitively. The injector is very light (28g), but I used the same touch and pressure as with heavier DE razors. Of course, now I have to find and try vintage injectors.

swtiK9jRfE0zS.gif

My favorite schick injector is the model N . And then the model L. I like mild razors so these work really well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I don't think you have a lot of blade options with injector blades unlike with the DE blades. I think there are 3 or 4 modern options and quite a few vintage. I pulled the trigger on a inexpensive E type and i'm not sure which one exactly, but it kinda looks like a G model. It's going to take a while before it arrives though. I'm going to try the Chinese Schick blades and the Personna to see which ones I like more. The Personnas are the least expensive and I hope I like them better. For me this is more like an experiment out of curiosity to try injector razors, but even if they shаve great I don't plan investing too much, since I already found the best DE razors and blades combos that work great for me and I also enjoy my recently acquired GEM MMOC.
I would try the SChick blades first because you more than likely will find the Personna blades very sharp and by then your technique will be dialed in with the sharp & smoother chick blades. I'm using Both blades and for certain Schick razors(L types) Personna are a little better because of their sharpness. You picked wisely with a E or G IMO, they are wonderful razors and I modified mine so I can clean them better.

Have some great shaves! Stay & think save in these times!

The type e is one of the moveable spring variants. The spring can be twisted counter clockwise and the head will open up. Useful for cleaning.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Yep, Type G on the top and an E3 on the bottom. A couple notes on these models and from what I can see on the pictures:
  • E3 razors were not meant to open (that was earlier E models -- the ones we refer to as E2 and the rarest of rare, E1). E3's have striations on the guard bar (meant to help with skin stretching, as I understand it); but you can see that the clip is held at the top by two catches (on each side)....I would not attempt to open this razor. My E3 is my most efficient injector, and I have every letter of the alphabet, except for "I" and "J". It's even slightly more efficient than my E2's (and I have several variants of E2's).

• As for the Type G, it appears that someone tried and probably successfully opened it (note the scratch). These injectors were not meant to be opened, but some collectors and users force them open to clean them. While some feel it does not damage the razor/spring, I feel like it may do damage to the razor; plus I'm a vintage purist....I prefer to not alter or modify the razor from it's original design, unless I need to do so to use the razor to shave. I bring this up, because I generally avoid non-Schick E2's that appear to have that scratch/scar where they've been opened.
If you do some looking around on this forum, you'll find there are a number of folks who feel the Schick E3 is really the pinnacle of Schick's design. If you're new to injectors, I would say go slow. My first Schick injector was an E3 and it gave me THE closest shave I had ever had, but also THE worst razor burn and irritation that I had ever had as well. It took me a few shaves to get the closeness without the irritation and burn. The "G" is a nice combination of comfort and closeness, but it isn't quite as efficient as the E3. Efficiency to me is based on the number of passes I need to reach my goal (usually just DFS). The E3 is probably 1.5 passes, while the G is 2.5 passes.

Hope that helps, and let us know how you like them.

Ahh interesting note on the e3, my e variant has a different spring catch. I didn't realize the e3 had multiple types of spring catches. Mine is a center catch and cannot be opened. I thought this catch was only on one side. My bad!

I see a lot of people like the E2 than any other E type. I know the E2 heads can open, but in terms of shaving is there a big difference between E2 and E3?

Top Bottom