What's new

On the fence for an injector razor

I have tried the Chinese Schick (yellow) blades to little success in the Supply, although they have been well used in my Schick injector. A slight peculiarity I have noticed is that the Schick key does not work in the Supply at all - despite experimenting with the different settings and loosening the screw, I have to manually load the blade. This issue doesn't appear to be described anywhere online, which again has made me wonder if the razor may be defective.

I find using the schick blades the injector pushes a bit high and unless you guide it down, you end up moving the blade on top of the other one. However, I now manually load the blade like you would with a DE that you would disassemble. Tricky the first time but easy after that. The Supply supplied blades are awful. I didn't know how awful until I compared them to the schick. So that's all I use.

Not much mention for the Supply 2.0. I'm a user. deeply satisfied.

I’ll put in my $.01 (not $0.02) since I only use it for head shaving and beard trimming.

I really like mine too. It does a really nice job for me with Chicks. I’ve had mixed results with vintage and haven’t tried the blades that came with it yet. I came within one whiskey of shaving off my beard just to try it on my face but decided to wait until the next day when I was sober.

Are there any current manufacturers of injector razors?

1605671521281.png
1605671639678.png

In theory, I think this is a very good recommendation on the basis of the experiences others describe. I have had mine for around six months, and in spite of meticulous prep and focus on the technique, a reasonable shave has always eluded me. Even on the most aggressive setting, it seems very grabby on the skin whilst taking little hair down. I am actually warming to the idea that my razor may not have been machined correctly, and may consider trying a new one at some stage, now that it's stocked by third party sellers in the UK.

A follow-up: I decided to take the plunge with this, and my 'replacement' V2 was delivered yesterday for £58.00 with a voucher offer. The two new stockists in the UK (Shaving Time and Shaving Station) join Connaught; all three are excellent to buy from.

My first shave this morning with one of the bundled blades on the aggressive setting was excellent. Not quite BBS and with a few nicks, but this was clearly down to technique. I am very pleased with the razor, and look forward to having it in my rotation.

I find using the schick blades the injector pushes a bit high and unless you guide it down, you end up moving the blade on top of the other one. However, I now manually load the blade like you would with a DE that you would disassemble. Tricky the first time but easy after that. The Supply supplied blades are awful. I didn't know how awful until I compared them to the schick. So that's all I use.

A slight oddity I have noticed is that the Supply supplied blades seem significantly better than the Personna injector blades I bought from Connaught, in spite of them supposedly being identical. It could be a simple batch issue, but the latter were pretty much unusable in my previous razor. Really looking forward to trying a Schick blade again now, though.

Top Bottom