What's new

On Thanksgiving day, 1981

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was 13, and watched from a neighbors house as an ambulance drove slowly away with my mother. Had to be strong for my younger sisters. I am now 52- weird how someone can make such a strong impact on your life in such a short time. I still hate this holiday.
7922D35A-E952-434E-A4DB-4FD9EC1368D5.jpeg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Beautiful lady Owen...mine was too. We still have a lot to be thankful for though. I lost my wife, her mom and her dad, all this year. Lots of changes are coming for me. My dad is a common sense thinker and has been a tremendous help. Thanksgiving at his house has been a real, real good Thanksgiving.

It’s simply awe full to lose a loved one on a holiday. Every time the holiday rolls around they are reminded of the loss. I’m sorry you had to experience that at such a young age.

As I write this, my uncle lies in a hospital bed with his organs shutting down. They took him of of life support yesterday and when he survived the whole day they were going to put him back on life support. Somehow he managed to say no. They are making him comfortable, but the end can’t be far. Diabetes and Alzheimer’s are two terrible diseases.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Holidays are difficult times when the loss of a loved one complicates things. Changes your life for sure.

Hope this day moves by quickly for you and you spend a few minutes of it giving thanks for the good times that you had together.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This year was a little tougher- usually I can at least get together with my youngest sister. But to change the mood, wanted to share a story to lighten the mood. About a month prior to thanksgiving, I decided to play hooky. I am sure my mother knew I was faking, but it wasn’t like I had ever done that before. About 10 AM she had to walk to the bank (lived in a small town), and asked if I wanted to have breakfast with her. At the time we were kind of vegetarians. If dad was around, no meat. Just mom, sometimes we could. We get to the diner and she asked if I wanted bacon with my breakfast. She reminded me not to tell dad- it was as our little secret.

Top Bottom