What's new

On my 3rd shave with a Schick Injector….impressions from a DE shaver.

I hope I’m not being an irritant by posting another injector thread, but I think I can finally give a solid impression of this SE razor.
This L1 is a joy to use, especially after some practice. Keeping the blade flat against the face makes all the difference, but I’ve found tilting it slightly on some strokes increases the aggression a bit where needed. The hardest part is learning to use no pressure on the razor to shave. Any pressure at all makes it too harsh and can cause nicks, but it’s so light that it makes it difficult to learn to ease off on it while still keeping it firm against the skin.
Once that is mastered however, it’s very comfortable and the closest shave I’ve ever had.
Cartridge, disposable and DE razors have always struggled to get the stubble on the neck, chin and jowl lines, but this razor gets it all easily! Could it be the thin head with the thicker, less flexible blade?
All things considered, it’s possibly the best shaver I’ve ever used. 😉
I look forward to getting even better and more consistent with it.
208B8C00-D39C-42E5-A70C-127D66D21123.jpeg

Glad you’re enjoying the Schick. Fantastic razors.

I wouldn’t worry so much about pressure. The Schick is so light it’s difficult not to press. I find that it is very forgiving of pressure. I would guess that any nicks or cuts are caused by unintentional lateral movement. The head is so light and maneuverable that it’s easy to become momentarily inattentive.

I really like the handles on the L Types, here’s my L6 easy rider that belonged to my late father in law. The finish is kind of pitted but we found it stored in a box in his garage after he passed away, it was in there for thirty years or so. Used it this morning with a Personna blade, this is the fourth razor that blade has been in.
F51A307B-E5BC-49ED-821A-3E7D2799F774.jpeg

Last edited:
My Schick M2 is so nice that I had to remove it from my sight otherwise as it made me regret my spending in other razors plus you can shave with eyes closed with it. My other E2 version is really nice too.

I guess people in US are advantaged to the rest as they can find blades easily in the shops.

Sometimes I wonder we people spend so much money on other rasors, me included, but I know the answer. Because we can...

Top Bottom