What's new

On blade angle

Mozart and Xavier: thank you both for this very interesting and informative post. It's required reading as far as I'm concerned.

Best regards

Mozart and Xavier, you have produced one helpful series of graphics. I'm an old hand at wet shaving but very new to DE. I must admit I had no idea of the cutting geometry when I started--just got a 38C and plunged in. I thought instinctively that there is some angle that is optimum but did not know what it is nor how to achieve it. Your pictures are very helpful and will give me food for thought on my next shaves.

BTW, the angle we all seek relative to the skin is probably only an approximation to the nice five degree increments shown in the diagrams. Not an objection, but just speculating that the ideal angle is likely more precise than in five degree increments. Your figures provide an excellent working guide.

Thanks for the good work.

Here's another vote for a sticky... Unless we can get enough thankful newbs to read and reply to this thread so that it's always on the first page!:thumbup1:

Agree, it IS helpful to us new people. Now I can try to start getting that BBS shave. Perfect practice makes perfect.

David

I posted this on another thread but I will post it here also. I have read that the HD is medium aggressive and that it will let you know if you apply the wrong angle. The diagram shows perfect alignment between head, blade, and safety bar. If one should pass the angle sweet spot it looks like it will just not cut. Should the actual depiction show enough of a gap so that they are NOT perfectly aligned? Do most people using a HD scrape by using the wrong angle or too much pressure?

Top Bottom