What's new

On an unrelated note:

This evening I informed my pastoral relations committee (for my local congregation) that I will be retiring at the end of the year. It was not totally unexpected news given my age and a recent health scare. I will complete 14.5 years of ministry with 31 years in the natural gas and oil business before that.
It is time to hang it up and spend more time with family; our grandkids are growing up too fast!

This evening I informed my pastoral relations committee (for my local congregation) that I will be retiring at the end of the year. It was not totally unexpected news given my age and a recent health scare. I will complete 14.5 years of ministry with 31 years in the natural gas and oil business before that.
It is time to hang it up and spend more time with family; our grandkids are growing up too fast!
Congratulations!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Congratulations Kelly! Enjoy your family and dig deep in your cellar for the very best stuff.

Wish I would have had the guts to totally change careers like that. Congratulations on everything, enjoy your family. My youngest Already complains that I don’t spend the time with him that I spent with the other three, but money doesn’t grow on trees, make it as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Congratulations Kelly! I’m sure it’s bittersweet stepping back from ministry, but it sounds like you’re making a good decision to do that. I wish you and your family all the best as you transition into retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! What Brown Leaf goodie are you going to celebrate with?
Good Question. I think it may be "goodies" for this occasion, kind of like that special birthday you try to string out over a week. I've a Fuente Opus XX in the humidor that might get smoked. I'm sure I can convince my Social, Menu, and Financial Advisor that a new pipe is in order, maybe even a pipe cabinet?

A modest rotation certainly is fair. Rossi or Bingham is about right. Or a box of those ones you've been meaning to try. I can't imagine ministry is an easy job under the best of circumstances, let alone These Uncertain Times. I have to imagine it'll take half a box or a good few ounces before you finally come down from a life spent working. Make it a pleasant half box or ounces.

What do you mean by enabling?

Top Bottom