What's new

On a Proraso kick

I am on the same streak you are. It has been so hot the last couple weeks, I think Proraso is great for a hot humid day

I have been searching for a AS splash to rival Proraso since the day I got it! I love the stuff and will surely buy more as this bottle dwindles!

nrv216

I haven't been on a Proraso AS splash kick lately (been using the shave cream alot though) but I bought some Nivea Energy Instant Effect Face Lotion with CoQ10 and SPF 15 and it smells very much like Proraso splash. I'm always fascinated when I find two completely different products that have a similar scent. I always try to make a mental note to pair them up someday.... but I inevitably forget. Well, when it comes to Proraso, I've got plenty of Proraso liquid creams and balms to use to follow up the splash anyway.

Ben

I use Proraso splash after every shave. I've got bottles of Irish Moos, Musgo Real, Speick, and a couple others that go unused.. I don't feel right after a shave if I don't feel that Proraso menthol kick. Not too strong, but enough to let you know it's there. The clean scent... I love the stuff. God forbid they ever reformulate it.

I use Proraso splash after every shave. I've got bottles of Irish Moos, Musgo Real, Speick, and a couple others that go unused.. I don't feel right after a shave if I don't feel that Proraso menthol kick. Not too strong, but enough to let you know it's there. The clean scent... I love the stuff. God forbid they ever reformulate it.

i think they did reformulate the product line this year. paraben free and some other twists. I have yet to try their aftershave. for me it's pricey at $13 because I need two bottles (work and home). is it that good? does it linger? how do the ladies like it?

i think they did reformulate the product line this year. paraben free and some other twists. I have yet to try their aftershave. for me it's pricey at $13 because I need two bottles (work and home). is it that good? does it linger? how do the ladies like it?

It is pretty darn good. Really refreshing after a shave. However, in my experience, it doesnt linger at all - about ten to fifteen minutes after application and I dont smell a thing

I'm married and my wife likes it - one of the few she likes. Like Kpeople said, it doesn't linger.

Did the scent or amount of menthol change with the reformulation?

Proraso or AV are great for hot weather. Ditto Master Iceland Breeze, if you can stand the smell. (I'm okay with it, and so is the spouse.) Lately, though, I've really been into Denim. Not exactly a hot-weather splash, but I just love the way it feels and smells. It was an acquired taste, by the way, not love at first sight.

Oh, and I'm near the bottom of the 12-oz bottle of The Veg that I bought a few months ago. I guess you could call that a kick. :whistling:

Proraso has been my only splash for almost a year now (although from time to time I'll use a drop from my last bottle of CADE and just bought some Osage Rub). It's fantastic - the color, the scent, the menthol kick. Love it!

Now I just wish they wouldn't discontinue their old liquid cream aftershave balm... both the new white and blue balms are good, but nowhere near the original.
:crying:

I'm so fickle. After using Proraso almost exclusively for weeks, I've used Speick the last two days. Good to know the reformulation didn't affect Proraso splash.

I'm married and my wife likes it - one of the few she likes. Like Kpeople said, it doesn't linger.

Did the scent or amount of menthol change with the reformulation?

Only a subtle change to the scent, but a noticeable reduction in menthol. The new AS splash is OK, however, I'm glad I have a reasonable stock of the old version.

I'm still trying out some others. Got my Proraso AS and shave bowl last night and tried for the first time. Yeah. Great stuff. My recommendation for a fantastic aftershave alternative: Saint Charles Shave. Only one I've tried is their Sahara Hemp aftershave. My skin has never felt so good!! My wife hates the smell, but I love it. Because of that, I can't use it as often as I'd like. I want to order more, but they're down right now, apparently moving to different digs.

I love Proraso's line up. Nothing beats the use of the pre/post, followed by a shave with the cream and then the AS splash. There's many times when I pick something else, but once I have a date with Proraso...I am never disappointed. I often wonder why I sometimes use anything else.

I just received a bottle of the new Proraso splash in the mail and I'm relieved that, while it's a new formula, it didn't change much at all. The color is a darker green. I couldn't tell much of a difference in the menthol kick and it might actually be a bit cooler. I do like the shape of the old bottle better. The scent is so close that my wife couldn't tell a difference. I'm glad they didn't screw it up.

Top Bottom