What's new

OMG! Will the madness never end?

I was browsing a website this morning and came across a seven bladed razor cartridge by Dorco. It really must be true, you can sell anything to some people.
7 blades.jpg

I know right, I have been wet shaving for over 3 years now and I think when I stopped using disposables, I had used the Mach 3 a few times, but usually stuck with the sensor with two blades.

In my opinion, nothing is smoother or better than a single edge de razor blade.

They've been selling those for quite awhile. They are even offered as store brand in one of the local groceries.
I have no idea if anyone buys them. Seems like a lot of expense for trivial additional benefit.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It has been around awhile. I've used it. Less drag than Dorco's 6 blade and some 5 blade models.

Used it, got a good shave, my face didn't fall off or burst into flame.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
High praise!! :a21: :a21:
Indeed. I haven't used a cart in awhile but did go to them after doing some DE and SE for awhile. I found carts had improved after my shaving prep and experience gained from using SE and DE. These days I use mostly DE with a smattering of SE and almost no carts, not even for travel. (i'm either driving, or check my bags).

I wrote this back in May 2019

I know I was just thinking if Tim "Tool Time" Taylor was real he would have been the first to give it a go.

“Does everybody know what time it is?
Is tool time!

We present to you the 5 bladed razor designed to give you the best a man could get!

But you know what this razor needs?

More power!

So in binford tools we upgraded this razor and added 2 more blades to make it extra powerful!”

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My question is where will it end? Will we see 10 bladed razor cartridges in my lifetime?
It has ended, at least for awhile. Gillette going back to a two blade cart gave the industry pause. While not a super close shaver the SkinGuard gives an effortless dfs to many.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I was browsing a website this morning and came across a seven bladed razor cartridge by Dorco. It really must be true, you can sell anything to some people.
View attachment 1178740
The person who would buy this cart just does not know shaving issues with multi blade cartridge.
If you are prone to ingrown hairs you might consider a less bladed cartridge(single edge better for folks who are prone). When blades are compacted that close it will lift and slice for the next blade taking a little more in progression. You might get a very smooth shave but......... don't say you were not warned.
Have some great shaves! Stay & stay safe in these times!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
They will never admit there are too many blades until the users die from blood loss

Top Bottom