What's new

OMG: Marco Method

I was just introduced to The Marco Method of lathering by @Retiredgene, and all I can say is wow. (I assume is the same methods with about an almond size dollop of cream??)

As someone new to B&B this this is an example of the depth of awesome knowledge that can be found here.

I was also a latecomer to the Marco Method. It is a great technique. There is so much to learn on B&B.

I’ve never heard of this, probably because I’ve never really looked up lathering techniques much other than Mantic 59’s written blog post..

What is it?

Huh...I picked up a similar technique from somewhere, except I soak my Boar in hot water while I shower and load a lesser amount of time.

Maybe I did see it somewhere and didn’t realize! It does work great, I almost regretted having to work up a bowl lather with my badger and cream this morning.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Loading a brush for 45 seconds sounds like a waste of soap to me. I load for about 4 or 5 seconds, and then I don't need to keep adding extra water, because I don't have too much soap.

Works like a charm. Check out my Semogue 1800 I've been having difficulty getting it to build and share a lather. As you can see, the Marco method with the Proraso green created more lather than I could imagine, and there's even more left in the bowl (my trusty Martha Stewart cereal bowl) and it is perfect. @Marco is spot on.

IMG_7747.JPG

Last edited:
Loading a brush for 45 seconds sounds like a waste of soap to me. I load for about 4 or 5 seconds, and then I don't need to keep adding extra water, because I don't have too much soap.
I was told it seems to go against all instincts, but the results, like Shakira's hips, don't lie.

Congratulations on your success! I like having great heaps of creamy slick creamy lather in my bowl and it was Marco's method that showed me how to get the results that I wanted. It truly was a turning point in my quest to make a decent lather.

I was just introduced to The Marco Method of lathering by @Retiredgene, and all I can say is wow. (I assume is the same methods with about an almond size dollop of cream??)

As someone new to B&B this this is an example of the depth of awesome knowledge that can be found here.

I've been here five years, and I'm constantly learning new things. There are very knowledgeable folks here. :thumbup1:

Tried it and it doe work, but went to face lathering. Use a lot less product and get excellent results. But, the Marco method does work and creates a lot of rich lather.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Works like a charm. Check out my Semogue 1800 I've been having difficulty getting it to build and share a lather. As you can see, the Marco method with the Proraso green created more lather than I could imagine, and there's even more left in the bowl (my trusty Martha Stewart cereal bowl) and it is perfect. @Marco is spot on.

View attachment 843470

Excellent lather, Sir! :thumbup1:

What about Michael Freedberg method? Works like a charm for me.

Also I've read and tested that soft water are way better for creating a good lather. I live in area with pretty hard water so once I've switched to bottled softened water I noticed a huge increase in lather quantity and quality.

I just found the Marco method this weekend myself and I really love it. Get a much better lather than anything I have before. It may use more soap but I think it's worth it

Top Bottom