What's new

Omfa

I have never considered myself an instigator or rabble-rouser, but I believe the time has come for someone on the forum to step forward and speak out. YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary - is all good and well, but it is a generic phrase that could apply to anything at all. We are a blog dedicated to the fine art of wet shaving. We need a phrase that is unique to our mission.

To that end I propose the following:

OMFA - ON MY FACE ANYWAY

In my opinion it is the perfect substitute for YMMV. It applies equally well to razors, blades, brushes, creams, croaps and soaps. I understand that there may be those on this forum who are dedicated to the fine art of head-shaving and that OMFA may not work for them, but the more general OMCA(ON MY CRANIUM ANYWAY) doesn't roll off the tongue quite so easily as OMFA. I hope the head-shavers on the forum will grant us a poetic license on this one.

So, there you have it. I am not looking to start a revolution but I do believe that this is a serious matter and that change is warranted.

Your Humble Servant,

Rodmonster:biggrin1:

I like where you're going with this. And now that OMFA has been introduced to the Forums, I think it's legal for use. Run with it Rod.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
My dad told me when I was young (long ago) that the best part of getting older was you have less hair to comb & the worst part was you had more face to wash, so OMFA should work for all no matter how much face you have.:001_tt2:

Good idea but I think YMMV has too much momentum. I'll play ball. Might I recommend that we link it to this thread instead of just posting it like an enigma?

OMFA
PHP:
[url=http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/384117-Omfa]OMFA[/url]

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I like OMFA, but I think YMMV is too ingrained to go anywhere. I'll try to use it, though, although I hardly ever use YMMV, so my opportunities for making the change are few and far between.

Top Bottom