What's new

Omega x MoonSWATCH

Has anyone else seen these? I'm going back and forth as to whether I think this is really cool, or a pathetic cash grab.

Swatch X Omega to the Planets with the BIOCERAMIC MOONSWATCH Collection - https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch.html

On the cool side, it's obviously an Omega Speedmaster clone. And a direct tie in with our solar system. A lot of variety in the color schemes, which is sure to find a look that works for everyone's taste (and probably a few looks that repulse everyone's taste as well).

The thing I'm struggling with are the quartz tick of the tachymeter hand. If they had included a mecha-quartz style movement, I'd be trying to convince the wife to let me spend this money right now. After I figure out which planet I want. :) I'm also unsure about the strap. I like that it's themed appropriate, but not sure how comfortable it is. Swatch is typically not friendly to changing straps. It'd be a bummer to drop the money on this and then never feel like wearing it.

What are your thoughts?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Very cool! Probably the only Speedie I'll ever afford. I adore my Bulova Lunar Pilot Apollo 15 reproduction, itself a Speedie clone of sorts (hey, they were just copying NASA spec, not Omega directly), but I'm very tempted to pick up one of these. I'm kind of surprised Omega put their name on a $200 watch, honestly.

Would be a really nice summer/beach watch but with 3bar equally useful as the original in wet environment… :(
Yeah, I'm not sure if the low WR is because of chrono pushers, the "bioceramic" material, or just not wanting to "best" the Speedmaster. It's a great point though. You created bright, colorful watches and then tell us you can't get them wet. Ugh...

Very cool! Probably the only Speedie I'll ever afford. I adore my Bulova Lunar Pilot Apollo 15 reproduction, itself a Speedie clone of sorts (hey, they were just copying NASA spec, not Omega directly), but I'm very tempted to pick up one of these. I'm kind of surprised Omega put their name on a $200 watch, honestly.
Good luck finding one. Apparently they are NOT sold directly online and are at very limited number of SWATCH stores. They are at least limiting purchases to 2 per customer. I wonder what the "secondary market" rate will be for these.

You do know that Omega is a part of Swatch Group?

tankerjohn

Good luck finding one. Apparently they are NOT sold directly online and are at very limited number of SWATCH stores. They are at least limiting purchases to 2 per customer. I wonder what the "secondary market" rate will be for these.
Hmmm, hadn't considered any of that. Maybe I won't be picking up one of these. Cool watches anyway.

I think it's really cool. Nice to see a collab that the average person an afford.
Yeah, I think I'm coming around more and more. However, the extremely limited nature of these and no stores in my area selling them means it's highly unlikely. I do hope to hear if the strap can be changed. Some of the wrist shots I've seen really make it look uncomfortable.

I think these are pretty cool. I’ve seen lots of folks complaining about the “devaluing” of the omega brand but these are in so limited quantity that I think it’s just a fun collectors piece. I really wish I could get my hands on one.
I think the devalue thing really is off the mark. It's not like there aren't a million imitations of the moonwatch out there anyway. I am surprised they went as far as to make the moon version though. I think they could have easily left the actual "moon watch" on the Omega level only and still had a really cool set.

Yeah, I think I'm coming around more and more. However, the extremely limited nature of these and no stores in my area selling them means it's highly unlikely. I do hope to hear if the strap can be changed. Some of the wrist shots I've seen really make it look uncomfortable.
Limited supply. no where near me. chances are, i'll have to do with looking at a picture. Eh, I wear an Apple Watch anyway. Not looking for a replacement but I'd still like to have it!

Oh wow! If this is true I will be buying the heck out of these.

D58067F9-A9A7-4C7C-9117-1112360957DF.jpeg

tankerjohn

This might be just the thing to do. Swatch watches by themselves are far from the hype of the 90s. With their brand umbrella they can do one iconic model per brand and generate buzz for both brands.
Yeah, absolutely! I was only half joking. If this goes well for Swatch, a Swatchified Fifty Fathoms is kind of a no-brainer. Maybe a Seamaster too, timed to launch with the next round of James Bond flicks.

Top Bottom