What's new

Omega watch ID?

Hi, all,

I'm trying to identify this watch of my dad's. I can't find an Omega that quite matches this one. The main thing I can't reconcile is the typeface used on the numerals. I haven't been able to find an Omega with those swirly/arabesque numbers. The watch has a gift inscription of 1958 on the back, so it's no later than that.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• omega1.jpg
    omega1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 41

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That is a beautiful watch my friend! How blessed you are that is was your Dad's. I pray that you have many happy memories of him.

That's a nice watch, fren. Are you going to polish it and place a new strap on it or keep it vintage? It's nice either way, just curious.

It is a small seconds. Can't be a Deville series which was first released in 1967. Maybe a Seamaster or a Geneve.

What emblem is on the case back?

That's a nice watch, fren. Are you going to polish it and place a new strap on it or keep it vintage? It's nice either way, just curious.
A polish and new crystal. Otherwise I’ll probably keep it as is. The strap is contemporary. It probably had a replacement from the beginning.

It is a small seconds. Can't be a Deville series which was first released in 1967. Maybe a Seamaster or a Geneve.

What emblem is on the case back?
No emblem. The back has an inscription to the original owner (it was a retirement gift) and it was polished clean.

Top Bottom