What's new

Omega S-Brush

I use synthetics predominantly and while they do splay out a little bit with usage (and may even develop a bit of a "Breach", to borrow that term from Method Shaving), they don't normally develop that sort of appearance your brush has in such a short period of time. Are you using alot of pressure on your face? Really hot water (120 degrees?)?

Once you use synthetics a while you get used to their behavior. I bowl lather but sometimes I do a little bit of face lathering. I just use the tips of the fibers and use alot of painting type strokes.
I do splay really hard on the puck at times, but no more than my boar, and other synthetics though, and my 10049 Pro Boar has been used for almost 30 days straight and I really beat that one up at times. I do not use hot water, my hot tap water is actually fairly cold, I can always put my hands in it and leave them there for as long as I want.

I still contend this kind of look for a brush is ok as it works wonderfully well. For the price of the Omega S-Brushes I think it is worth it to really abuse the crap out of it and get it to this point just to see if it works. I think most people will find the brush quite pleasant when worked this hard and when it looks this shape. More importantly I find the splitting of the ends of the synthetic fibers to be very important just like splitting the ends of boar hairs. I just feel this brush tends to get a really bad rap for being too stiff, and scratchy. I am just arguing for a really good break in for it before deciding to ditch it.

I've been using my S10065 exclusively for the last couple of years and am quite satisfied with it. I remember that it took a little getting used to at first, but it works great for me now. I don't find it at all scratchy, and it splays just fine once it fills up with lather. I actually got rid of my boar brush and my early generation fake badger. The only thing I might wish for is a more deluxe handle.

I just use the tips of the fibers and use alot of painting type strokes.
I'm not @TFAshaver, but I do the opposite - with any brush. I like to mash the brush into the tub and do circles, then follow with mashing the brush in my face and doing circles. I'm not a tips only and painting type of guy.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
This seems to be a brush that's seldom discussed . It's a synthetic that resembles a boar brush rather than the typical badger brush. In that sense it is very unique. Actually, it's more like a replacement for the old-style Syntex brush, just with chemically softened tips and a beige coloration.

I used the S-Brush today with some Van Der Hagen shave soap and it generated a decent lather quickly, much faster than a boar brush. Face-lathering wasn't too bad, it didn't sling lather everywhere.

I have forgotten how good these little Omega brushes can be. I'm glad I bought a second S-Brush as a backup.

proxy.php
My Omega S-Brush is a S10005, and I just whipped a ridiculous bowl of MdC lather for tonight's shave. Great brush and soap!

20191205_190722[1].jpg

I have the S10108.
It's an excellent brush.
It doesn't feel like a boar.
Generally I think one shouldn't approach any type of brush expecting it to feel like a different one.

Top Bottom