What's new

Omega Pro 48 loose knot!

One evening after my shave I rinsed out my brush and then did my customary shakes to get the excess water out when all of a sudden the knot popped right out of the handle and bounced around my bathroom floor. :scared:

Okay, perhaps I was shaking with a tad too much vigor, but I wondered if it could have possibly been loosened by me soaking the brush and part of the handle underwater before my shaves. Should I take care in the future not to soak any of the handle when hydrating the bristles?

Also, the good news is that it pops right back and lathers without any problems. Now, for a more permanent solution, what should I use to fasten it back in? Marine epoxy?

Thanks!
:001_cool:

I would avoid soaking the handle (there's no need to and it can result in loosening the knot). I would also shake lightly and then just let the brush dry.

I shake my brushes to get the majority of the water out, but I do it with my first two fingers behind the knot so it doesn't whip back and forth. I'm guessing the whipping had much more to do with the knot coming loose than soaking the handle, as long as the water wasn't scalding hot.

One evening after my shave I rinsed out my brush and then did my customary shakes to get the excess water out when all of a sudden the knot popped right out of the handle and bounced around my bathroom floor. :scared:

Okay, perhaps I was shaking with a tad too much vigor, but I wondered if it could have possibly been loosened by me soaking the brush and part of the handle underwater before my shaves. Should I take care in the future not to soak any of the handle when hydrating the bristles?

Also, the good news is that it pops right back and lathers without any problems. Now, for a more permanent solution, what should I use to fasten it back in? Marine epoxy?

Thanks!
:001_cool:

Same thing happened to my Omega Pro 49, I believe the knot is originally just friction fitted using no glue. I used silicone glue after filling the handle with some weight (washers), feels and operates great now.

Top Bottom