What's new

Omega Premium Boar now available

Folks,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Omega Premium Boar Brush 011842 is now available at Connaught Shaving.
I’ve been watching/tracking/stalking the website waiting for it to return to “In Stock”.
It will probably take a while to arrive due to COVID 19 shipping challenges, but I pulled the trigger and will now watch for a delivery every single day for 2, 4, 6, 10, 18 weeks...whatever it takes.
Have a great day!
Tim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Folks,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Omega Premium Boar Brush 011842 is now available at Connaught Shaving.
I’ve been watching/tracking/stalking the website waiting for it to return to “In Stock”.
It will probably take a while to arrive due to COVID 19 shipping challenges, but I pulled the trigger and will now watch for a delivery every single day for 2, 4, 6, 10, 18 weeks...whatever it takes.
Have a great day!
Tim

You are in for a treat! My favorite Boar. :)

Folks,

Have a great day!
Tim

It took mine exactly 21 days to arrive. Broke in according to plan, works very well indeed.

Folks,

Have a great day!
Tim
The 011842 is a great brush and I truly hope you are able to enjoy many years of wonderful shaves with it. You may not have to wait as long as you think; I placed an order with Connaught last month and the package was in my mailbox in nine days. Good luck with the delivery! Hopefully the cargo plane will catch a tailwind. Be well...

Huh, just noticed this thread. I also ordered a Jade Omega from Connaught last week. I've only spent time with one boar (Semogue 620) years ago, and it was very unimpressive. Thus why I haven't bothered to try boar since. Not sure why, but a couple weeks ago I decided maybe its time to try boar again. I read a lot of threads and blog posts and settled on the Connaught 011842 Omega.

I envy those getting anything in under a month or so from UK. I've had multiple orders from UK vendors the past 3 months, and the quickest I've received took 29 days.

I have to admit after watching YouTube videos on the procedure I just followed directions (married for a long time)[emoji51]. Stuck it in the fridge for three days lathering everyday. It’s a pain but it turned out well.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered mine. Would really like some help on the break in procedure for this particular brush.

To break in my Pro 49 I followed the instructions of post 1, plus an additional soak in a mug of clean water in the fridge for 24 hours.

I have to admit after watching YouTube videos on the procedure I just followed directions (married for a long time)[emoji51]. Stuck it in the fridge for three days lathering everyday. It’s a pain but it turned out well.
I would have thought it is a pain sticking it in the fridge and all that messing about; I would sooner break it in by using it and enjoy the gradual improvement.
the Omega Premium Boar Brush 011842 is now available at Connaught Shaving.
Heard a lot of good feedback on that brush. Enjoy the break in period but take some pictures too.

I would have thought it is a pain sticking it in the fridge and all that messing about; I would sooner break it in by using it and enjoy the gradual improvement.

Heard a lot of good feedback on that brush. Enjoy the break in period but take some pictures too.
I’m going to try to take pictures to display how it breaks in on my face.

I purchased this exact bursh about a month or so back... maybe longer. Anyhow, it’s taken over as my regular brush. Still not broken in, but each shave gets better and better.

Warning - Semogue strongly advise against this procedure. This can ruin your brushes.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Warning - Semogue strongly advise against this procedure. This can ruin your brushes.
I did not know that. Can you provide a link to this information as it not present in any Semogue product I own and I have not seen it on any web site? I have never broken a brush in by any other method than simply using it. Thanks.

I did not know that. Can you provide a link to this information as it not present in any Semogue product I own and I have not seen it on any web site? I have never broken a brush in by any other method than simply using it. Thanks.

Hi.

I don't have any official statement, but this is common sense to me and Semogue.

Sudden temperature variations have effect on distinct materials.
If a wooden handle goes through this kind of treatment, the wood can expand and make the handle crack, for example.
Some goes for the hair. If the bristles are nearly frozen and suddenly get a quick rise of temperature, I guess they can become more brittle and start to break.

I was once told a story about British soldiers holding the line and a message was passed up the line by word of mouth. The original message was ''Send reinforcements, we are going to advance''. The message received was ''Send 3 'n 4 pence we are going to a dance''.

An old Italian barber said he soaked his new brushes in a cup of cold water for a day and a half. That became stick it in the fridge for 3 days. :biggrin1:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Hi.

I don't have any official statement, but this is common sense to me and Semogue.

Sudden temperature variations have effect on distinct materials.
If a wooden handle goes through this kind of treatment, the wood can expand and make the handle crack, for example.
Some goes for the hair. If the bristles are nearly frozen and suddenly get a quick rise of temperature, I guess they can become more brittle and start to break.
Thank you for the confirmation. I remain of the view that there is no such strong advice from Semogue regarding this procedure.

Top Bottom