What's new

Omega or the worst brush in the world.

Hello.

A month ago I bought a shaving brush Omega 63167 http://www.omegabrush.com/italiano/dabarba/oggetto.php?id=161
I used it at least ten times. I have not dropped it, or apply excessive force.
Nevertheless brush start to crack.
I am so disappointed in the quality of Omega products. It's just a shame.
$IMG_7156.jpg$IMG_7157.jpg$IMG_7158.jpg

ps. Please excuse my bad English

Last edited:
I wrote about this issue as a warning to other buyers.
I bought this shaving brush in the online store. I'm not sure that will get it back. I wrote to the manufacturer. But I do not think I'll get a response from Omega.

I had the same brush, same issue. I bought an Omega boar (20102) brush some time ago which is great. Not sure how to feel about Omega brushes right now..

I can't speak about this specific brush, but many swear by Omegas. In fact, I use my ~$10 10066 for every shave, no problems at all.

Maybe it's an Omega thing. I was given an Omega brush that developed the same kind of cracks without being dropped or anything. Do I fear that the knot will fall out? No. Am I worried that the handle is going to crack in half? No. Do the cracks effect the performance of the brush in any way? No. Am I confident that this brush will still be working for me years down the road? Yes. I'm not happy about the cracks but I'm not going to get in a twist about them. I think they are more of a cosmetic issue than anything that is seriously going to effect the integrity of the brush. It's still a great performer and I have little doubt it will continue to be one cracks and all.

I have an Omega 48, that was one of my first brushes has had no issues. Omega, is one of the most recognized brush brands in the shaving world.

Agree with OP, you should contact the vendor. If that does not help then you should contact the manufacturer.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Omega makes fantastic brushes. Sorry you got a bad one. That happens from time to time with even the best manufacturers. You should contact either the vendor your bought it from or Omega directly. They might send you a new one.

Looks like too much moisture in the knot has caused the glue to explode. It can happen particularly in the colder months or if there's a lack of ventilation, especially if you don't shake-out all the water after use. I know many recommend not to shake the brush too vigorously after use, but there is also a risk of the glue exploding if excess moisture remains in the knot.

If the vendor does not resolve it for you, then I would not worry - I am confident Omega will. I'd be very surprised if they don't respond to you. Their service is first class.

All the best & keep us posted.

I received a reply from Omega. They will replace my shaving brush. Manager told me that this happens if water penetrates the glue, it blow up and cracks the handle. But I'm always kept the shaving brush on stand. Thanks, Omega )

Last edited:
Top Bottom