What's new

Omega Hi brush or Yaqi synth

I think that the Hi-Brush will settle into a fine brush and last for decades, however it will take time. It is the nature of synthetics.
MM879

F3FC6173-ED3F-470C-803E-F42FF403BBE0.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoy this Hi Brush. Handles whatever soap/cream I throw at it and looks pretty nice too....

The cashmere knot I got has more backbone then my Synbad and Timberwolf, which are great knots. The only synthetic brush I have with more backbone is my Omega Hi-Brush 0146650 Carbon Fiber look, both brushes were instant regrets.
Not going to argue with your face, but what you said contradicts what the manufacturer claims and most of the other reviewers. Tuxedo >> SynBad >> Cashmere

All I can think is that your Cashmere is set lower than standard

Not going to argue with your face, but what you said contradicts what the manufacturer claims and most of the other reviewers. Tuxedo >> SynBad >> Cashmere. All I can think is that your Cashmere is set lower than standard

I'm starting to think the same way. I been reading reviews on cashmere knots and mine is nothing like the reviews. I'm not going to fault the brush maker (wild west brushworks) as this could have been a defect or they could just be using cheap knots. It's hard to say one way or the other without trying other knots from the same vendor. I'm going to order a new knot from APShaveCo (cashmere) and see what the difference is. The knots I have had from them have all been amazing

My first brush was a Hi brush. It does have some backbone. Then I had a Maggard synth that was permanently splayed. After that I gave up on synths, but someday I will give another one a shot. Maybe a Chubby2 synthetic if I get a good deal on one or win it in a raffle.

My first brush was a Hi brush. It does have some backbone. Then I had a Maggard synth that was permanently splayed. After that I gave up on synths, but someday I will give another one a shot. Maybe a Chubby2 synthetic if I get a good deal on one or win it in a raffle.

I gave up on brand name brushes and gone to artisan brushes. I found the best synthetic knots for me are the SynBad, SilkSmoke from APShaveCo and the Timberwolf (not sure who makes it). I haven't tried the Boss knot yet, but that will soon be rectified. The best knot I currently have is from Elite Razor, the fabled 24mm Manchurian White Badger Knot.

A few years down the line and the Omega has definitely still got a lot of bounce. So much so that it was my first choice for a brush for work. As a shower shaver I just put up my waterproof mirror and shave in the works showers so any soap thats flung out gets rinsed off by the shower heads with out having to rinse down the walls like if I was at home. Having bought the cheapest Omega S brush a few months back I can safely say IMHO it beats the Hi brush hands down. Its cheaper, softer, acts like a good boar, dries quicker. I know its been several years since original purchase and I haven't compared it to a newer model Hi brush but a great handle wont make this brush anything more than a good brush for work for me.

Top Bottom