What's new

OMEGA EVO 2.0??

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
According to James at The Razor Company, when they place orders with Omega, they see both Evo 2.0s and Evo brushes without the 2.0 behind them on the order form. He said, when the old stock runs out, Omega will eventually release the same handles with the 2.0 knots in them.

When I was on the phone with him, he pulled out two new brushes..an Original and a 2.0. He had to look closely at the two to see the 2.0 has the more wavy fibers down at the base of the knot. The tops look identical.

Very interesting. Thanks.

Happy shaves,

Jim

@Cornishman has posted a few pics of what looks to be the ΞVO 2.0. Never thought a slight wave in the fibers would make it look even better than the 1.0
This has kind of been tripping my out for a while...

The Omega Evos are sold at a premium. At the top of the spectrum for synthetic brushes. All other brushes being talked about in this thread as alternative options cost less.

My point is that even though I really want an Evo 2.0, simply because it's newer and is supposedly better, all we really know about it is that the synthetic hair now has a wave to it while the original (v1.0) doesn't.

It really erks me that there isn't not factual knowledge released about synthetic hair fibers and the knots we use for shaving brushes.

I own a Vikings Blade White Knight synthetic brush that if I recall correctly, retails for something like $30, also has wavy hair.

I've never seen anyone else on this site ever mention it beside me but it really is a very nice brush.

I just wonder how much better an Omega Evo 2.0 really is compared to a v1.0, G5C, G5A, Muhle STF, White Knight or any other knot mentioned on this thread. Especially at 3+ times the cost of a White Knight for example.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this for a while now and just haven't gotten around to writing about it until now.

I'll post some close-up pictures tomorrow so we can all try to compare the fibers of the two.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@KMF79 ,

There are probably makeup brushes that do everything we want only better and less expensive. And maybe some that are more expensive, too.

Most of us are buying sticks for holding razor blades and some are buying long razor blades that fold into sticks. We’re an easily excited collaborative.

2.0 version has indeed wavy fibers, the first one hasn't.
2.0 is not as stiff as the first version. It’s very firm, not floppy, a wee bit easier to splay and has (slightly) better flow and water retention. Fantastic brushes, I love both, but if I’d have to choose I’d go for 2.0. If you like Simpsons “Platinum Grade” fibre, go for the 1.0. It’s quite similar, but better.
Hope it helps.

The EVO 2.0 has a 28mm knot and the loft is only 51mm which is right up my alley as i prefer shorter lofts. I can’t recall right now but I’m aware there is a synthetic knot that incorporated different size hairs and a mix of wavy and straight hairs. I’m thinking it is the G5A knot.
Do they only make the 28mm knot, nothing smaller?

Just got a 2.0 with the Italian flag handle....what a brush!!!!
I've had a ZT2 Mozingo, and going off memory, this Evo feels just like it. It truly feels like a dense, high end badger brush. I've owned the original evo in the past, and I don't remember it feeling this way. I'm truly blown away. I think this is the best synthetic out there and worth the price IMO. While a cheaper synth does the job, it does NOT feel nearly this good.

I detest my Omega Evo 2.0. It’s really springy and it feels weird. It’s hard work to splay it and to keep it splayed when it is fighting to spring back. This one wasn’t for me. I haven’t tried the v1.

Last edited:
Really it just seems the Evo and Evo 2.0 is the differences between STF 1.0 and 2.0 from the info I’ve gathered. Not a bad thing. It was a good step forward.

Top Bottom