What's new

Omega Brush’s

Does the 49 and the 108 have the same loft and knot size?

Absolutely ! My first brush was the Omega 11150 boar and my favourite brush now is the Omega 20102 boar which is a larger brush. I also have the 10029, 10065, 11137, 10049 and 21762 in boar. And a pure badger as well as the synthetic S brushes in the 10065 and 10108 handles. Multiple brushes in most of these models as well. I have tried Semogues and various badger brushes as well as a horse hair brush but none of them measured up to the Omega boars. Mind you I have a Simpsons Trafalgar T2 synthetic on the way so we'll see.

Last edited:
I like Omega. I find their boars and synthetics to be great value brushes and if you want a fancy badger, they make those too.
Last year for Xmas, my wife bought me an Omega silvertip badger brush and while its small, its a wonderful little brush.

Interesting. Connaught lists the 108 as shorter.
Yes, quite interesting. I pulled the specs off the Fendrihan site when I answered your question initially. I've gone to a few popular vendor sites & am showing what each store lists for the two models.

10049:
Connaught - 26mm knot, 62mm loft
West Coast Shaving - 25mm knot, 63mm loft
Maggards - 26mm knot, 64mm loft
Fendrihan - 26mm knot, 59mm loft
Gifts & Care - 29mm loft, 60mm loft

10108:
Connaught - 27mm knot, 55mm loft
West Coast Shaving - not listed
Maggards - not listed
Fendrihan - 27mm knot, 60mm loft

There's a real disparity between vendors & how they list the specs on these two brushes.

Yes, quite interesting. I pulled the specs off the Fendrihan site when I answered your question initially. I've gone to a few popular vendor sites & am showing what each store lists for the two models.

10049:
Connaught - 26mm knot, 62mm loft
West Coast Shaving - 25mm knot, 63mm loft
Maggards - 26mm knot, 64mm loft
Fendrihan - 26mm knot, 59mm loft
Gifts & Care - 29mm loft, 60mm loft

10108:
Connaught - 27mm knot, 55mm loft
West Coast Shaving - not listed
Maggards - not listed
Fendrihan - 27mm knot, 60mm loft

There's a real disparity between vendors & how they list the specs on these two brushes.
I think there's some variability from Omega on loft, too. In particular with the 10108. I have owned two of them. Both were close to the same loft as the 10049 I had on hand, but they weren't identical to one another. The knots were also a little more haphazard in formation, with some longer and shorter hairs and a bit of an uneven hybrid fan/bulb shape to the loft. I think the flagship brushes - the 10048, 10049, the 10066, the wood-handled brushes, the Jade - tend to be more consistent, whereas the lesser-known and cheaper brushes may be produced with a bit less care. I love Omega, but the last 10108 I had was pretty cheap-looking due to the haphazard knot. Worked well, though.

I only have one omega it’s a 10049 I believe a super small boar brush from the Proraso travel kit I got when I first started my journey. I don’t use it much anymore but maybe I will now.

I have been eye balling a new Synthetic now though and oddly enough an omega.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have one Omega - a B&B boar, which is the only brush I've purchased with that boar funk (which lasted longer than I care to mention). It's a fine brush for $20, but it's a little too stiff for me. Still, I like it on my shelf.

I am planning on purchasing a good synthetic in the not to distant future, and the EVO is currently at the top of my list - so I hope that improves my attitude toward the company.

Generally, I much prefer Semogue.

I have some B&B brushes with Omega knots, all the same brush but different color handles. I don’t have a whole lot of experience with Omega but the one I use regularly took forever to break in. I prefer Semogue.

I have 4 Omega's - all silver tips.

The quality of the badger hair is as good as anything else (and better than most IMO) and the handles are beautiful.
I also can't remember ever shedding even one hair from any of them in the years I've had them. Finally, the prices were considerably less expensive than most other top of the line brand ST's.

So yeah, I'm an Omega fan

What are those numbers at the top of each brush?
In my spreadsheet I have a planogram of how I have my brushes & razors laid out on the shelves:

Top Shelf - Brushes
screenshot_14.jpg

Middle & Bottom Shelves - Razors
screenshot_16.jpg

Storage or Other - Brushes & Razors
screenshot_18.jpg

Each item has a drop down menu in the top left cell. Whatever item I select will auto populate the rest of the cells with the item's brand, model, other details like finish or color.
screenshot_10.jpg

And to finally answer your question the number on the left is the item's performance ranking and the number on the right is the number of times its been used.
screenshot_12.jpg

Top Bottom