Which Omega Did you fall for

• Sunshine (599)

• Midnight

• Green/Gold (6215)

• Elegant

• Ox Horn

Results are only viewable after voting.
DJ (Dinder1)
Started a run on the Omega brushes being sold at a steep discount on Amazon.com. As a result of the activity on the B&B (apparently)the prices have been raised across the board on these brushes.Original post

So did you get one and which one?

I got LITTLE SUNSHINE

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back to Amazon to check the revised prices for the Omega brushes. Yup: they have indeed been raised! I wonder, though, if this isn't thanks (at least in part) to the vendor receiving a new shipment. I offer this speculation since they now have the genuine ox horn handled brush in stock but they did not when I placed my order for the Green and Gold brush.

The Green and Gold brush is now listed for $59.95: I paid $52.00. The ox horn brush is now listed for $129.95. What did it sell for before?

Thanks,

WOW! That's a HUGE jump for the ox horn. Too bad I was slow to read this thread as that would have been my first choice. Does it feel nice in your hand?

Cheers,

Wow -- bummer. I can't say that I'm surprised by the price hike; I feared it was coming with the flood of forumites jumping on these "deals."

I'm glad I got my pair -- 599 & 6215. I'll probably get the "Elegant" later rather than sooner now.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
xChris said:
Wow -- bummer. I can't say that I'm surprised by the price hike; I feared it was coming with the flood of forumites jumping on these "deals."

I'm glad I got my pair -- 599 & 6215. I'll probably get the "Elegant" later rather than sooner now.

I think you overestimate the power of our little club. I'm no Adam Smith, but I don't think the small number of brushes we've ordered constitutes a "run".

I ordered the 6215, as the price hike was minimal, and it looks beautiful. :thumbup1:
As for the Elegant, we're talking about a 50% hike.:mad3:

ouch said:
I think you overestimate the power of our little club. I'm no Adam Smith, but I don't think the small number of brushes we've ordered constitutes a "run".

I ordered the 6215, as the price hike was minimal, at it looks beautiful. :thumbup1:
Maybe... Maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence. Perhaps the numbers purchased is higher than we know. How many lurkers jumped on the bandwagon? DJ posted this information on some other forums too. All I know is that I sweated not getting these until I made the purchase -- now I'm very glad that I did.

Yes, the 6215 is a very attractive brush.

ouch said:

You know, not to completely hi-jack the thread or poll in this case, but this brings up an interesting thought. I'd be VERY interested to see what the average, or rather collective I.Q. of the members of Badger & Blade. I frequent some other boards and the statement you made about would have no doubt been followed by "It only went from $40 to $60, that's only $20... It would have had to go to $80 to be a 50% jump." etc.. comments.

I guess what I'm saying is, I can't help but notice the overwhelming LACK of posts that contain "ignorant" (I mean that in the true sense of the word, not as slander) material.

That brings me to the next point... Why??? Let's face it, in many cases, wet shaving is not a "cheap" undertaking. Especially once SBAD, RAD, SCAD, etc. start to take hold. Could it be that the more intelligent of society tend to end up with the better paying jobs and in their quest to "spend" that money on things to "enjoy" life they discover wet shaving? Could it be that the above average intelligence leads to logical thinking about shaving? (i.e. We KNOW how ridiculous 5 blades compared to 3 are, we KNOW what a ridiculous markup there is in razor cartridges, we KNOW a can full of chemicals might not be the best way, etc???

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... :001_tt2:

No. It is not that we are somehow more "logical" about shaving. Rather, it is that we are clearly eccentric about shaving. In my experience, myself excepted, eccentric people are more intellegent.

xChris said:
Maybe... Maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence. Perhaps the numbers purchased is higher than we know. How many lurkers jumped on the bandwagon? DJ posted this information on some other forums too. All I know is that I sweated not getting these until I made the purchase -- now I'm very glad that I did.

Yes, the 6215 is a very attractive brush.
Nope, I only posted the info on B&B, but news travels fast.....and I think that you will notice a pretty large influx of new Omegas showing up on those other forums.
Cheers, DJ.

ouch said:

I ordered the 6215, as the price hike was minimal, at it looks beautiful. :thumbup1:

Ouch

Adam Smith's shave is far inferior to yours:biggrin:

If you look at the Score threads a few brushes a week have been added- since DJ's post a few dozen.The poll is just a exercise in conversation not a tool for statistical demographic analysis based on disposable income to IQ level weighed against body fat and region.

While our little run on Omega brushes would likely go unnoticed at the factory in Italy, our collective orders may constitute quite a run on shaving brushes for Perfect Beauty, the vendor we have used for these purchases. It is always possible that the vendor chose to increase the prices because of what appears to be a big spike in demand for that store.

Cheers,

Dinder1 said:
Nope, I only posted the info on B&B, but news travels fast.....and I think that you will notice a pretty large influx of new Omegas showing up on those other forums.
Cheers, DJ.
OOPS! I got confused in the cross-forum postings! :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin: Maybe it was slcsteve -- yeah, he started all of this with his attractive horn-handled Omegas! :mad: :biggrin:

dszpiro said:
While our little run on Omega brushes would likely go unnoticed at the factory in Italy, our collective orders may constitute quite a run on shaving brushes for Perfect Beauty, the vendor we have used for these purchases. It is always possible that the vendor chose to increase the prices because of what appears to be a big spike in demand for that store.
Yes, this is what I was trying to articulate in my previous statement. Thanks.

xChris said:
postings! :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin: Maybe it was slcsteve -- yeah, he started all of this with his attractive horn-handled Omegas! :mad: :biggrin:

I might add that those 2 horn handled Omega's cost me quite a bit more than the "cheaper" seller.........but i'm still happy

Top Bottom