What's new

Omega boar brushes - pricing vs. quality

I noticed that the pricing of the Omega line of boar brushes falls in the 10.00 and 20.00 range. Is there a difference in the boar hair they use between the lower priced vs. higher priced or is the extra cost in the handle?

I'm looking to buy one.

Thanks.....Bruno

From what I can tell the higher cost brushes have the acrylic handles and also the price varies slightly with brush size as well. I have an Omega 31604 ($22) and it is my favorite brush. I also have an Omega 81229 with a plastic handle ($12) that is smaller but the hair quality seems the same to me.

You really can't go wrong with any Omega. The more expensive 31XXX series seamed to break in faster and have less of that boar smell. They all perform very well though.

Used about 10 Omegas. The best are the medium sized ones imo. The 10005 or the 11126 have the sweet spot for loft length. Used a 31064 for about 6 months daily. After a months use it was a nice, very soft tipped brush; it continued to 'break in' until it became a wet noodle. Loft a little too long (but one of the nicest handles I've used).

Nice avatar...

I've used lots of Omegas - from $6 drugstore specials to the better models and have been impressed with all of them from a quality perspective.

While I understand that Omega does have different hair grades, from a performance perspective the biggest difference was the handle material.

Nice avatar...

I've used lots of Omegas - from $6 drugstore specials to the better models and have been impressed with all of them from a quality perspective.

While I understand that Omega does have different hair grades, from a performance perspective the biggest difference was the handle material.

I guess I'll need to change my avatar. We look too much alike. :laugh:

Top Bottom