What's new

Omega Black Hi-Brush-what the S-brush should have been

one has developed about 10 small cracks at the handle and i won't be sorry if it disintegrates and the other one, that always tangles, has no cracks, but, last time i used it, i came really close at throwing it in the garbage bin, while detangling.
My 12705 has the same cracks, but the handle refuses to fall apart.

Before I "rediscovered" boars about three years ago, my favorite brushes were my two brown horses despite the daily combing. So what changed three years ago? I stopped soaking my boars - I just wet then under running water for 10 seconds and immediately start loading. By not soaking them, they now have the perfect face feel for me.

My 12705 has the same cracks, but the handle refuses to fall apart.

Before I "rediscovered" boars about three years ago, my favorite brushes were my two brown horses despite the daily combing. So what changed three years ago? I stopped soaking my boars - I just wet then under running water for 10 seconds and immediately start loading. By not soaking them, they now have the perfect face feel for me.

Well, well, well! What do you know! The one i have with cracks, is also a 12705! YMMV for sure about soaking. I soak my boars for at least 5 minutes. Besides, here in Italy, where boar is the traditional brush, anything else would be heresy! :001_302:

Well, well, well! What do you know! The one i have with cracks, is also a 12705! YMMV for sure about soaking. I soak my boars for at least 5 minutes. Besides, here in Italy, where boar is the traditional brush, anything else would be heresy! :001_302:

Heresy like spaghetti bolognese or pineapple on pizza lol?

Buddy you're in Italy ohhhh the stuff I can learn from you about finding the right tailor from Naples for tailored shirts n suits :a14:!

Heresy like spaghetti bolognese or pineapple on pizza lol?

Buddy you're in Italy ohhhh the stuff I can learn from you about finding the right tailor from Naples for tailored shirts n suits :a14:!

Let's say that my father would roll in his grave, if i didn't soak my boar. The 2 examples you mention, are simply an example, of how marketing can transform a plausible lie into reality. "Spaghetti alla bolognese", is simply a marketing invention that was generated in some foreign country, probably by some lazy restauranteur who had a cook that couldn't nail the proper "tagliatelle alla bolognese", which is the real recipe. Since spaghetti is much easier to do, they thought "the hell with, let's use spaghetti and call that alla bolognese". Then, other halfwits started adding even northern european yellow cheeses on occasion, adding insult to injury. As for the ingredients of the ragù, that's another crapshoot, as they 've put any kind of meat imaginable, including german sausages. Now, even some italian restaurants start offering it, because tourists ask for it. Still, there is worse, like "spaghetti with jam", that Germans eat..

Pizza with pineapple is another example that unites marketing to geographical ignorance. How can someone think that some italian pizzaiolo would produce a pizza with pineapple, is beyond understanding.

I can't help you with your Naples quest, other than give you what google gives me:

Sartorie di Napoli: 5 indirizzi da non mancare per la vera eleganza partenopea

C'era una volta a Napoli: i grandi nomi della sartoria napoletana

Let's say that my father would roll in his grave, if i didn't soak my boar. The 2 examples you mention, are simply an example, of how marketing can transform a plausible lie into reality. "Spaghetti alla bolognese", is simply a marketing invention that was generated in some foreign country, probably by some lazy restauranteur who had a cook that couldn't nail the proper "tagliatelle alla bolognese", which is the real recipe. Since spaghetti is much easier to do, they thought "the hell with, let's use spaghetti and call that alla bolognese". Then, other halfwits started adding even northern european yellow cheeses on occasion, adding insult to injury. As for the ingredients of the ragù, that's another crapshoot, as they 've put any kind of meat imaginable, including german sausages. Now, even some italian restaurants start offering it, because tourists ask for it. Still, there is worse, like "spaghetti with jam", that Germans eat..

Pizza with pineapple is another example that unites marketing to geographical ignorance. How can someone think that some italian pizzaiolo would produce a pizza with pineapple, is beyond understanding.

I can't help you with your Naples quest, other than give you what google gives me:

Sartorie di Napoli: 5 indirizzi da non mancare per la vera eleganza partenopea

C'era una volta a Napoli: i grandi nomi della sartoria napoletana

No worries buddy but the thought of jam with spaghetti just made my skin crawl lol.

To me papadelle is what I enjoy with thick ragu meat sauces.

Despite being a Chinese Asian, I'll always choose Italian, Japanese and Cantonese in that order.

Thx Boar Fighter!

No worries buddy but the thought of jam with spaghetti just made my skin crawl lol.

To me papadelle is what I enjoy with thick ragu meat sauces.

Despite being a Chinese Asian, I'll always choose Italian, Japanese and Cantonese in that order.

Thx Boar Fighter!

Germans, believe it or not, eat a lot of pasta! They eat a lot of "spaghetti alla bolognese" too. Sometimes i wonder whether they are the inventors of this hoax dish... But the spaghetti with jam (they use all kind of fruit jams) takes it to another level... Thankfully, they haven't named it after an italian city though.

They also have "spaghetti eis".

spaghetti-eis.jpg

Which isn't real spaghetti. It's ice cream, made to look like spaghetti, probably because they think it is funny or good looking? :07: What did the spaghetti ever do to deserve such a humilitation?!

Germans, believe it or not, eat a lot of pasta! They eat a lot of "spaghetti alla bolognese" too. Sometimes i wonder whether they are the inventors of this hoax dish... But the spaghetti with jam (they use all kind of fruit jams) takes it to another level... Thankfully, they haven't named it after an italian city though.

They also have "spaghetti eis".

View attachment 974312

Which isn't real spaghetti. It's ice cream, made to look like spaghetti, probably because they think it is funny or good looking? :07: What did the spaghetti ever do to deserve such a humilitation?!

:18::18::18:

What in 9 hells is that!

There are somethings I'll try but jam w spaghetti, fries w ice cream etc... Hells no...

However, there are genuine foods that I'll avoid like the plague. Arab sheep's/goat's head, Filipino balut, preserved shark etc... Or the multitude of Chinese delicacies like monkey brain :18::18::18::18:!

How difficult is it to just eat regular food lol.

I have 3 Yaqi plissofts. They are better than the Black Hi-Brush for me, no doubt.
Reviving an old thread here: I finally ordered a Yaqi brush, a 24/53mm Cashmere to compare against what has become my favorite synthetic, the Omega Black Hi-Brush.

My Cashmere has no glue bump, incredibly soft tips, but is way springier and reluctant to splay than the Black Hi. No piace.

I will probably sacrifice it trying to set it higher, around 57-58mm, to see if it improves. As-is, it's no better than my S-Brush.

Thanks again for the recommendation for the Black Hi-Brush. It's a keeper!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Though an early synth, my Omega barberpole Hi Brush is probably my favorite ... Backbone just right.

I hated the S-brush so much, I tried chopping it down, then gave it away.

Small things.

AA

so does the s-brush have the least scratchiness compared to the regular hi-brush? Interested in getting a black one, but looks like most of them are overseas now even on amazon.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Wow- I can't believe guys are still talking about the Omega S Brush and the rock-rake they called the Hi-Brush. I have and at one time enjoyed using the S Brush- it was an improvement over the nylon filament of the 1970s, but it still felt like something more suited to the reel on a deep sea tuna rod than a shave brush. And the Hi-Brush? I have the one with the barber pole handle. I so desperately wanted to like that brush... but it is the worst brush I ever owned.

If I had to I could use the beech handled S10005 forever. I'd prefer not to, but if that's all there was I'd do fine. But thank God there are other options. Any new man who wants to see what we are talking about when we discuss the enormous advances in synthetics over the past 5-7 years should spend $7 and get a S-Brush and you'll see what we all mean.

Top Bottom