What's new

Omega 6209

Omega Model 6209 Jade Green Handle Super Badger Shaving Brush, 25mm
Omega-6209-Jade-Green-Handle-Super-Badger-Shaving-Brush-25mm.jpg

Does anyone have experience with this brush? I have one of the faux jade black badger ones. Its a really nice brush but is a little short for bowl lathering.
The one I have is :
Omega Model 6223 Faux Jade Handle Black Badger Shaving Brush, 22mm
Omega-6223-Faux-Jade-Handle-Black-Badger-Shaving-Brush-22mm.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I can’t comment on the size but I have three Omegas and can’t say enough good about them. For the price, I don’t believe you could go wrong. If you want a larger brush, go with the Pro 10048 - excellent boar. They break in easily and last a long time. I’ve used one of mine 11 years and no shedding problem.

Dont own any of those, but plenty other Omega brushes. I agree that sub 25mm are short for bowl lather, but they are not unique in this regard as all small brushes suffer the same problem. Either use a larger bowl or start face lathering which is a better preparation method IME.

If you want to bowl lather up a tsunami of suds the suggested Omega 10048 or 10098 boar will blow your mind. The 11126 is 24mm but with a longer handle with dyed bristles giving the boar a 2band look. Very soft with good backbone that will bowl lather better than your 6223.

As Steve mentioned you cant go wrong with Omega brushes. Face lathring is best method, period.

Last edited:
Almost! I have the Omega 6210, identical to the 6209 except it is 26 vs 25 mm. Exceptional brush that I use every day. Retains loads of lather and very soft. Quite a large brush, though - - so you may have difficulty finding a stand for it. I ended up carefully spreading the fork tines on mine so it would fit where the bristles meet the handle. Also purchased mine from Maggard, where I left a 5-star review.

I have the same brush but with a boar knot. It’s my favorite boar and had nice soft tips right out of the box. Not sure I’d want such a small badger at that price though.

Almost! I have the Omega 6210, identical to the 6209 except it is 26 vs 25 mm. Exceptional brush that I use every day. Retains loads of lather and very soft. Quite a large brush, though - - so you may have difficulty finding a stand for it. I ended up carefully spreading the fork tines on mine so it would fit where the bristles meet the handle. Also purchased mine from Maggard, where I left a 5-star review.
I have been debating. Go big or go home, right? 🌞

If you're looking for a nice badger I'd suggest finding yourself a nice handle first. Then check out Nathan at Envy Shave. His Luxury Silvertip knot is amazing. Super soft, nice and dense giving it good backbone and is a nice large size perfect for indulging in this great hobby. I stuck my Envy knot into an Alpha T-400 aluminum handle. It's a tribute to the Rubberset 400 an has a removable ferule so you can swap out knots really easily. Good luck in your search.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

What's the handle like? Is it the turned acrylic resin (like the Connaught Premium Jade boar)? Is it the usual cheap Omega plastic (which isn't really bad)?

Are the handles of the 6210 and the 6209 the same in size?

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Looks like a torch. If you end up not liking it, you can put kerosene in the handle and light up your patio this Summer.
I just reviewed my order and I had accidentally deleted it. Maybe next time. I recently got the Omega 11137 ash handled boar brush and like it. I had never had a boar brush before. It's quickly becoming a favorite
omega-11137-boar-shaving-brush-ash-wood-handle-1.jpg

Top Bottom