What's new

Omega 21762 Italian Flag- anyone.

Nowadays I almost always use badgers but the Omega 21762 got me intrigued.
Anyone fancy it?
I facelather most of the times and tend to reach for hard soaps the most. I also like my brushes to have great backbone.
Is this boar the ticket? It looks like the handle is of a higher quality but I may be wrong.
Thanks!
$omega_21762__25041.1406849452.500.659.jpg

I'm pretty sure the handle is solid resin versus the usual hallow plastic. I remember reading some favorable reviews but have yet to order one for myself.

I'm pretty sure the handle is solid resin versus the usual hallow plastic. I remember reading some favorable reviews but have yet to order one for myself.
The problem that I have with buying boars is mainly with the handles. Wooden handles look great but tend flake.. And the plastic ones really looks very cheap. The knots on most them are great so I guess my biggest issue is finding a neat handle with a brush that is PURE (without fake badger stripes).

I have this brush. The handle is heavy and has more quality than other big Omega brushes such as 10049 and Pro 10048.
If you face lathering i recommend to you Semogue 830 or The SOC. This one is to big. Better for bowl lathering.

I have this brush also and face lather with it and it works great after you get used to it's longer loft. I only soak the tips in water so it doesn't lose too much of it's backbone when the knot gets wet.

And the handle is nice and hefty solid resin. I also hated those hollow handles of Omega brushes but 21762 handle is just great.

Last edited:
Thanks fellows. Much appreciated. A good backbone is important for me so I´ll pass the 21762. Went for a SOC instead. Probably should have ordered one years ago with all the positive chatter around it.
I have two Semagoues (1305 and 1460) but I can´t say they impressed me the least.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Although Omega brushes actually never stole my heart, I should get one only for the flag on the handle. It's my flag.

The 20102, I think, is the same knot in a deco-style wood handle for about half the price. I like mine. It has plenty of backbone and soft tips. Still, I might get the flag some day just for the handle.

I have this brush. The handle is heavy and has more quality than other big Omega brushes such as 10049 and Pro 10048.
If you face lathering i recommend to you Semogue 830 or The SOC. This one is to big. Better for bowl lathering.

I love Omega brushes, and also certainly Semogue. I can also strongly recommend the Semogue 830 and SOC. Absolutely stunning boar brushes - best of the best in my opinion, in terms of knot and handle quality in one package. Both the 830 and SOC knots feel very luxurious once broken in.

I do really, really enjoy Omega brushes to, but i have never tried this particular Omega, so it's hard to comment.

I love Omega brushes, and also certainly Semogue. I can also strongly recommend the Semogue 830 and SOC. Absolutely stunning boar brushes - best of the best in my opinion, in terms of knot and handle quality in one package. Both the 830 and SOC knots feel very luxurious once broken in.
Thanks for the heads up. Well the SOC is already ordered so I hope it will be a pleasant surprise!

I have it and I love it deeply.
My flag my boar my brush
Darn- that pic. Probably will pick up one sooner or later..

Hi Henrik, just saw this thread.

I had the SOC and mine was floppy. I say mine because it gets a lot of praise and an occasional negative opinion here and there. I might have drawn a bad one. On the other hand, the SOC's popularity also means that newbies that had only one cheap drugstore brush buy it after researching the forums and the difference makes them join the choir (or sing-along) in the front row. You never know until you try.

If backbone and sturdy handle is what you are looking for, the Semogue 620 might be the one. It is the most "distinct" or different than any other boar brush. I also have the 1800 and 830 and they are nice and all but not *that* different than my Omegas and for me, the the beehive Omegas are the best. That particular handle shape just works for me and the 81230 is perfect. I have the gold finish as well as the cheap red plastic one. That latter has more backbone almost as much as the 620, which is plenty. The 10077 has even more backbone than the 620 but the handle is it's weakest part.

These brushes are inexpensive to a point that allows for experimenting. My two remaining badgers (SOC, Da Vinci 293) are hardly ever used anymore.

Have fun.

Erez

About the big barber pro Omega brushes. I have/had the 92, 48 and Proraso. The only one I liked was the Proraso due to the shorter loft and hence the greater backbone. The 21762 Seems like it shares the 48 knot and it is a bit big and floppy to my liking. Not unmanageable but not as precise as the smaller brushes.

When this brush came out, it was called the Omega R&B Limited, R&B = Razor and Blade.

The knot was horrible, it was so floppy that the boar hairs would almost fall to the side when wet. I don't know if the 21762 has a new knot in the old handle but be careful buying this brush since it seems like the knot may be inconsistent.

The pro side to this brush is that the handle is awesome, it's a heavy, solid resin and has the same shape as the Pro 48/49, it fits into my hand (med size) perfectly!

After trying it a couple of times, I steamed out the crappy boar knot and popped in a nice 24mm Finest Badger set at 49, it's one of my favorite brushes now!

$1_Omega-R&B-orig.gif$4_Omega-R&B-ring-out.gif
$3_Omega-R&B-knot-out.gif $7_Omega-R&B-reknot-final.gif$8_Omega-R&B-1st-whip.gif

Hi Henrik, just saw this thread.

I had the SOC and mine was floppy. I say mine because it gets a lot of praise and an occasional negative opinion here and there. I might have drawn a bad one. On the other hand, the SOC's popularity also means that newbies that had only one cheap drugstore brush buy it after researching the forums and the difference makes them join the choir (or sing-along) in the front row. You never know until you try.

Hi Erez!
Nice to hear from you. I concur what you say about the "hype" that some gear get for some odd reasons. Like the Streamline- remember..:)
Thanks alot for all the tips about the other brushes. I will bookmark this thread and will look more closely on each one.

When this brush came out, it was called the Omega R&B Limited, R&B = Razor and Blade.

The knot was horrible, it was so floppy that the boar hairs would almost fall to the side when wet. I don't know if the 21762 has a new knot in the old handle but be careful buying this brush since it seems like the knot may be inconsistent.

The pro side to this brush is that the handle is awesome, it's a heavy, solid resin and has the same shape as the Pro 48/49, it fits into my hand (med size) perfectly!

After trying it a couple of times, I steamed out the crappy boar knot and popped in a nice 24mm Finest Badger set at 49, it's one of my favorite brushes now!

View attachment 658114View attachment 658116
View attachment 658115 View attachment 658117View attachment 658118

VERY nice. The handle alone is a killer. Looks great with the badger knot.

Top Bottom