What's new

Omega 21047

Ordered from Gary at Soapbox Shaving.

This is the boar/badger mixed bristle "travel" brush.

Here's an initial piccie of it as there isn't even a picture of the travel tub it comes in on the web.

Review to follow :001_smile

proxy.php

Last edited:
Congrats on the new brush! I have one as well, but for me, it's a bit too small to want to use it all the time. 22mm is about as low as I want to go.

It's a nice brush though! Mixture of badger and boar, and has a good feel to it. Just wished it was bigger. One of my items I'll most likely sell soon if I don't decide to keep it just to look at it. Hope you enjoy yours!

I have one as well, but for me, it's a bit too small to want to use it all the time. 22mm is about as low as I want to go.
It's a nice brush though! Mixture of badger and boar, and has a good feel to it. Just wished it was bigger

Thanks for the feedback, I only have small hands, face lather only and only have a relatively small "shaving area", so we'll see how it goes. :blushing:

Hokay soaking and cleaning finished. Glad I did, the water from soaking it was brown, the colour of weak tea ( and still was after about 5 soak and rinses ) , and the smell......well funky comes to mind... :scared:

Did a quick hand lather...not bad, it will be interesting though to see if it holds enough lather for a 3-4 pass shave.

Here it is post bloom against my Kent KS7 with 20mm Finest, 48 loft and my Men-U pure bristle.
proxy.php

proxy.php

There's definitely a difference in the grade/quality of the bristle used in this and the pure bristle Men-u
proxy.php

So there's initial impressions, I'll post after a shave with it tomorrow.

****** NEWSFLASH !!!!!!!!!! ******

Sent an email to Omega to ask about the composition of this brush as nobody seemed to be able to confirm what the mix was.....

the Item n.21047 is composed by hog and badger.

Best Regards
Pennellificio Omega S.p.A.

So finally confirmation from Omega :thumbup1:

Another **** NEWSFLASH !!!!! ****

I asked if they made a larger brush with the hog/badger mix and got this back

Item 21047 is the only one with a mixed composition (hog and badger).
We have a stock of this item however we will produce it, in the future, with 100% hog bristle.

So sound like in the future you won't get the mix, so if you want one, might be worth looking at one now !

Last edited:
A shame they are considering doing it all in hog bristle. That was one of the things that interested me specifically in that brush was it was a mixed brush of badger/boar. The badger in it helps quite a bit. Very interesting to have found that fidjit!

I think you'll like it myself if you face lather, and smaller hands. I don't have huge hands, and I could use the handle if I wanted to, but when I have so many other brushes I can use it gets lost in the hubbub. :eek:

Quick update on this little brush.

It's an absolute pearler !!!!!! :thumbup1:

Have used with TBS Maca Root, Tabac, MWF and Col Conk.

The brush lathers any of the above really well but I was worried that the brush was too small to carry enough lather for a 3-4 pass shave and in fact this was the case the first couple of shaves.

After that though found that if you just spend a bit more time on the puck than you normally would before lathering you get more than enough lather for 4 passes + .

Would highly recommend this brush, not just as a travel brush. It'll become one of my everyday go tos !!!!

Last edited:
How soft does it feel? Does the badger affect the texture of the bristles, or does it just help it hold water better?

Certainly feels much softer than my Men-u on the face, (but then again the Men-U isn't that hard anyways ) but not as soft as my badger finest. :001_smile

And yes, it does hold water much better than the Men-u

Probably not telling you that much there.....:001_smile

This looks to be a very interesting little brush. Since shoebox is out of stock, do you suppose that their restocking efforts will result in the new pure bristle version?

The blend is what makes it appealing, I think. Although I also really dig the greenish handle. Good color, classy.

This looks to be a very interesting little brush. Since shoebox is out of stock, do you suppose that their restocking efforts will result in the new pure bristle version?

The blend is what makes it appealing, I think. Although I also really dig the greenish handle. Good color, classy.

I let Gary from Shoebox know about the email I received back from Omega in regards to them changing the blend.

I suspect that he's put in the "large order" ( as indicated in his stock level ) to try and obtain as many of the boar/badger before they go to 100% boar.

Shoot Gary and email an ask......... :wink2:

I'll be sure to check before I snag one. I've had some communication with Gary at shoebox, and I'm kinda / sorta in line to be notified via email when the Omega boat rolls in. He said maybe 6-8 weeks ETA.

Hopefully my jittery wallet fingers don't slip up before then...

I'm keeping this thread fresh so I remember to snag one of these sweet little boar brushes whenever they become available.

I may just be a sucker for faux-jade acrylic handles... :letterk1:

Hey fellers,
Just heard from Gary at shoebox that these brushes are back in stock. They're the intriguing boar and badger blend, too.

I may have to grab one after Christmas if I get any holiday cash...

Another **** NEWSFLASH !!!!! ****

I asked if they made a larger brush with the hog/badger mix and got this back

Item 21047 is the only one with a mixed composition (hog and badger).
We have a stock of this item however we will produce it, in the future, with 100% hog bristle.

So sound like in the future you won't get the mix, so if you want one, might be worth looking at one now !

uggh, anyone know when this will happen, or if it already has? I've only just heard of this brush and the intrigue of it has my BAD acting up, intensely.
I emailed shoeboxshaveshop, and he responded that the ones he has are pure boar.

uggh, anyone know when this will happen, or if it already has? I've only just heard of this brush and the intrigue of it has my BAD acting up, intensely.
I emailed shoeboxshaveshop, and he responded that the ones he has are pure boar.

I'd say it's already happened :bored:

When I got this email, I forwarded it to Gary. I believe he put a large order in to try and get as many of the mixed bristle as possible into stock

If he's only got pure boar now, I guess that means he's used up his mixed stock and already reordered pure bristle.

Guess the only place you'll find one is on a shelf as NOS stock now.

( ooh, does that make mine collectable :001_rolle )

Top Bottom