What's new

Omega 20102 - sticker or screen print on handle?

Hello folks.

Im just two months into wet shaving and am smitten by the recent boar brushes i started to use. This forum has been my go to place for all conparisions and led me to make my decisions on my choices for brushes thus far.

Anyway, my question about my latest acquisition, the 20102 whoch got delivered today is whether the handle has a screen printed "Omega" logonm or a sticker.

Mine came with a sticker which was already coming off loose (probably because of the heat outside while enroute for delivery), so i pulled it off quite easily. Im just curious to know and want to cast out any suspicions of a counterfeit product having been delivered. 😬

9491A0A4-265A-44A8-91D8-A18C6ABD7BF3.jpeg

Hello. I don't think it is counterfeit. Omega logos are really bad and i remember seeing other people complaining about the sticker coming off very quickly on the same brush as yours.

Thanks a ton for that clarification guys! My doubts of it being a fake are now put to rest. I remember reading on one of the 48 vs. 98 comparison threads where someone who had mentioned that they prefer the 20102, also mentioned their first experience of it and specifically said it had a screen printed handle which he painted clear Nair polish varnish over.

anyway, that’s how I was introduced to the 20102, and in my dilemma about which one between the 48 & 98 to buy, I ended up buying this 20102.

it was in the fridge along with my other recent purchase and the ring just came off now! Boohoo! Put it back on and also the brush back in the fridge too.

Gotta wake up before the battering half does and remove them from in there.

i hope all these dramatic efforts do help in solving the reeking wet dog stank! I’m not too particular about it’s softness as I’m a bearded head shaver who likes a little scrubby wubby on my scalp, it’s like a massage of sorts!

4392A9BD-5212-4536-8ADD-C62F8724E0F0.jpeg
DF286AB8-F2ED-4F14-B654-26DA83E7F35D.jpeg

@supershaji- As best as I understand it, the whole keep a new boar brush in the fridge thing is really just a mistranslation of using cold tap water. I do soak my boar brushes overnight for a night or two in tap water, with a drop or two of dish liquid or shampoo to help eliminate the boar smell. Each morning after I shave I rub the brush tips on a rough towel and then let them dry out. It seems to help speed up the break in period some. Test lathering in a heavily scented soap works to help eliminate the smell as well.

To get rid of the stank, wash the bristles in mild laundry detergent solution. Leave the bristles to soak in the solution for a few hours, then rinse and repeat if needed. It works for baby's diapers, after all.

@supershaji- As best as I understand it, the whole keep a new boar brush in the fridge thing is really just a mistranslation of using cold tap water. I do soak my boar brushes overnight for a night or two in tap water, with a drop or two of dish liquid or shampoo to help eliminate the boar smell. Each morning after I shave I rub the brush tips on a rough towel and then let them dry out. It seems to help speed up the break in period some. Test lathering in a heavily scented soap works to help eliminate the smell as well.

I also follow the water+dish detergent, followed by water+shampoo for few hours routine. Then after some shaves, the stench eventually wears off.

Got impatient and got it out of the water jar before I pushed my luck too fat and have my missus blow her top!

i rubbed it try on a turkey towel and let it dry for a few hours.

now it’s sitting in a bowl of lather made from some random shaving soap. Will leave it there overnight to soak.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom