What's new

Omega #10098

You simply cannot go wrong with any Omega brush. I ordered this brush from Maggard's last week and haven't been disappointed a bit! My all-time favorite brush is the Omega Pro 49 and the 10098 has only improved on the 49's design. It is dense, super soft tips with enough backbone for some great face lathering, the handle ergonomics are top notch, and is an all around lather producing machine. The break in time, like most Omega's I've used, is very minimal with absolutely no smell.

I shaved with Cella tonight and this amazing brush produced gobs of quality lather with almost zero effort. Has anyone use this brush before? Thoughts/opinions? I did some Google searches, but couldn't really find too many reviews on this brush. Thank you!

98_scatola-480x480.jpg

You simply cannot go wrong with any Omega brush. I ordered this brush from Maggard's last week and haven't been disappointed a bit! My all-time favorite brush is the Omega Pro 49 and the 10098 has only improved on the 49's design. It is dense, super soft tips with enough backbone for some great face lathering, the handle ergonomics are top notch, and is an all around lather producing machine. The break in time, like most Omega's I've used, is very minimal with absolutely no smell.

I shaved with Cella tonight and this amazing brush produced gobs of quality lather with almost zero effort. Has anyone use this brush before? Thoughts/opinions? I did some Google searches, but couldn't really find too many reviews on this brush. Thank you!...
Same experience as yours. I have one in my rotation and I do appreciate its performance. One thing I would add, as I find it to be a perfect brush for bowl lathering with a tall handle and thin cheeks. Lather never touches my hand and cheeks never hit the bowl. Like I said, perfect.
In case you didn't notice, it has a metal ring and I find that paramount for any boar brush, as boar bristles swell when soaked.
Another top notch brush from Omega.

It is my favorite brush. Many consider it too big. I just think some soap makers use tubs that are too small. The handle shape is my favorite as well. I recently purchased a Zenith B25, which is very similar, the knot is a little bit smaller, and has slightly less backbone. But the handle is nicer looking :) The Omega is 9 months, the Zenith 1day in this photo.
Omega 10098 & Zenith B25 (1).jpg

I shaved with Cella tonight and this amazing brush produced gobs of quality lather with almost zero effort. Has anyone use this brush before? Thoughts/opinions? I did some Google searches, but couldn't really find too many reviews on this brush. Thank you!

View attachment 941406

Great looking brush!! :a14::a14:

Been rocking the 98 for the better part of 4 years now. Until lately it’s been my daily driver and I love it.

I’ve got a B&B essentials boar but it’s just too small.

image.jpg

Proraso, 49 re-knotted into a Yaqui handle, 20102, 98, 20106, 48

48 has the highest loft 67-68mm) followed by 20106 (65mm). The 98 is identical to the 20102 (62-63mm) and only a tad taller than the the 49 (62mm). The proraso is 57mm tall and too stiff for me, even wet.

they are all 26-27.5mm at the handle exit. I believe they all have the same diameter at the glue plug (25-25.5mm based on my 49 reknot) but the effective knot changes based on the handle style

My favorites are the 20102 (best handle) and the 48 /20106 due to the highest loft

Last edited:
Top Bottom