What's new

Omega 10098

Omega 10098 3 month (1).JPG

At 3 months. Forgot to post it quite a while back.

Looks like it's getting some heavy use! :thumbup1:
I've decided to use mine as a dedicated neck duster during hair cuts. It works well as a shaving brush but I have plenty of others and I'm starting to gravitate more to smaller knots, in the 20 -22mm range.

View attachment 936719
At 3 months. Forgot to post it quite a while back.

Is that dry? It seems dry! Or "dry-ish". You must really love to splay the loft a lot! I 've never seen such huge bloom on an Omega and so quickly! I let my boars to dry on omega stands like this. They help the boar to keep its original form, because of the side supports that don't let the knot dry bloomed. Here they sell for a bit less than €10. They 're worth it. Max. 27mm.

111.jpg

Is that dry? It seems dry! Or "dry-ish". You must really love to splay the loft a lot! I 've never seen such huge bloom on an Omega and so quickly! I let my boars to dry on omega stands like this. They help the boar to keep its original form, because of the side supports that don't let the knot dry bloomed. Here they sell for a bit less than €10. They 're worth it. Max. 27mm.

View attachment 936878

It's dry. I let it dry resting on it's tail, knot in the air. This might cause some of the splay. Face lathering I imagine does so as well. Just looked at knot today. The photos are taken from about a 30-45 degree angle above the brush IIRC. I was trying to get the tips in the photos. I think that exaggerated the bloom. A side view taken today.

WIN_20181220_17_20_11_Pro.jpg

It's dry. I let it dry resting on it's tail, knot in the air. This might cause some of the splay. Face lathering I imagine does so as well. Just looked at knot today. The photos are taken from about a 30-45 degree angle above the brush IIRC. I was trying to get the tips in the photos. I think that exaggerated the bloom. A side view taken today.

View attachment 936886

Ah, yes. Drying with the loft up, exacerbates the bloom, because the gravity helps the bristles dry fanned out. If you were to let it dry with bristles down and on a tight stand, it would look much tighter. Yes, in the last photo it isn't as bloomed as i thought.

View attachment 936886

That pic does look closer to the bloom mine developed, yours still looks more open but I don't shave with mine as often.

Well. I was wanting something as close to a Omega Pro 10098 as I could, but with a nicer handle.

The Zenith B25 was a very close match:
Zenith B25 (2).jpg

But then, thanks to @Graydog, a re-knotted 10098, in one of his beautiful handles:
0204191520-00.jpg

Until about a month ago the 10098 was one of only two brushes I owned, and was used 99% if the time for the last 5 years.

I've never dried it in a stand, don't own one that it would fit in and there have been no I'll effects. I'm also a pure face latherer and it works great for that, and is particularly at home loading soaps in large tins, like the 5" tin that HTGAM used to use. I will never be without one of these brushes.

Top Bottom