What's new

Omega 10066

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Looking at this brush for a donor knot for my Rubberset 400. Does it get soft over time? I enjoy the 10098 a great deal. Would this be comparable in feel?

Kind regards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Based on loft ratio it should have a very similar feel. The only Omega boar that I own is 10098 though, so can't say definitively.

I didn't think it was sit until I got a badger and then I realized it's very soft. Nice before but soft. Love that brush.

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Either the 10066 or the 40033 will serve you fine
proxy.php

KeenDogg

Thank you gents. And Thak you @mata66 for the suggestion. I gotta do something different. I've put two knots in it so far, both shedders. 5 hairs a shave on the second one and no abuse what so ever. Frustrating.

Kind regards

KeenDogg

I've settled on the 10066. Thanks again.

KeenDogg

I have had mine for six years now. Great knot.........

View attachment 952107
Thanks, Bobcat! Yours looks like it has softened and bloomed nicely! Just got confirmation from WCS it is on it's way! They were classy enough to double check my address before they sent it out. Cant wait!

Thanks, Bobcat! Yours looks like it has softened and bloomed nicely! Just got confirmation from WCS it is on it's way! They were classy enough to double check my address before they sent it out. Cant wait!

Indeed. It can take a little while but it softens up nicely. Mine looks pretty similar, with a nice bit of bloom. Pretty solid brush for the price, I usually face lather with it.

KeenDogg

Indeed. It can take a little while but it softens up nicely. Mine looks pretty similar, with a nice bit of bloom. Pretty solid brush for the price, I usually face lather with it.
I have the 10098. It was gifted to me and it was already broken in. It is crazy how soft it is. I'm hoping for the same quality in this knot.

Shaved with my 10066 this morning, it's a great brush. Handle is a bit lightweight and feels a bit cheap, so it's perfect for your donor needs. It's not as soft as a 10049 but mine has only been used 10 times so likely to soften over time. It's a great smaller scaled-down alternative to the 10049, which is a beast. Never tried a 10098 so can't say compared to that brush.

KeenDogg

Shaved with my 10066 this morning, it's a great brush. Handle is a bit lightweight and feels a bit cheap, so it's perfect for your donor needs. It's not as soft as a 10049 but mine has only been used 10 times so likely to soften over time. It's a great smaller scaled-down alternative to the 10049, which is a beast. Never tried a 10098 so can't say compared to that brush.
Thank you. It's at the house right now. Hopefully, the handle is so cheap I can crack it apart!

Top Bottom