What's new

Omega 10049 suddenly very scratchy

Hey wet shavers.

I had the omega 10049 since almost 5 months and it was really soft after like 10 shaves but lately it gotten real scratchy to the point im no comfortable face lathering with it.

what could be the issue? i already tried to clean it with hair shampoo and warm water, any other solutions? or the tips could got broken somehow? even though i always lt it soak for 5-10 mins before shaving.

If cleaning doesn't work I don't have a clue. I've been using Omegas (big knot) for quite awhile and never noticed this in my brushes.

I've been using Omegas (big knot) for quite awhile and never noticed this in my brushes.
proxy.php

Hey wet shavers.

I had the omega 10049 since almost 5 months and it was really soft after like 10 shaves but lately it gotten real scratchy to the point im no comfortable face lathering with it.

what could be the issue? i already tried to clean it with hair shampoo and warm water, any other solutions? or the tips could got broken somehow? even though i always lt it soak for 5-10 mins before shaving.

could it be your skin became more sensitive? new products? dry/cold weather? irritation?

Check the center of the knot and see if any of the hairs are broken. It happened to my first brush I believe it was from my using it in cercular motions and just abusing the **** out of it in general.

+2. A wind chapped, sunburned, or otherwise irritated face could explain it. I would recommend a vinegar bath for the brush if it is definitely the brush. Hard water scale could have developed on it.

My thoughts as well. An irritated face can make even a silvertip feel scratchy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It probably needs a clean. I just use dish detergent and hand lather mine to clean it. And I've never had a problem with scratchiness.

+3 on the skin condition.
This is something I experience every winter season and unless I take care of my skin, it gets worse.

I have a 5 year old omega boar that has never been cleaned and it's as soft as a silvertip so I don't feel the issue is the brush but a vinegar soak won't hurt.

Top Bottom