What's new

Olukai Shoe and Sandal Quality?

So these folks seem fairly new to the scene but seem to put out high quality products, if you believe the hype. They have some pretty damn nice looking footwear that has just a touch of something else that catches my eye; namely their slip on shoe and thong style sandals. They don't break the bank but aren't tremendously cheap, either, and I'm most interested in the quality of the flips as lightweight foot support this summer. Something to just throw on to run to the store, you know. They'd still look good with just about anything casual, as well

Any opinions? They seem to get great reviews, but I wanna hear it from b&b

So these folks seem fairly new to the scene but seem to put out high quality products, if you believe the hype. They have some pretty damn nice looking footwear that has just a touch of something else that catches my eye; namely their slip on shoe and thong style sandals. They don't break the bank but aren't tremendously cheap, either, and I'm most interested in the quality of the flips as lightweight foot support this summer. Something to just throw on to run to the store, you know. They'd still look good with just about anything casual, as well

Any opinions? They seem to get great reviews, but I wanna hear it from b&b
Try on a pair. They are very stylish, well made, priced in line with similar footwear, but to me they are not the most comfortable. There is something about them that just doesn't feel right. Not sure if it is a lack of support due to the largely nylon upper, along with a molded footbed that doesn't exactly fit my foot. They are very stylish. I most recently tried on the Moku Pae and sent them back. I am only speaking of covered shoe variety, not the flips. For flips, I have been a REEF fan since I first went to Hawaii in 1988.

Try on a pair. They are very stylish, well made, priced in line with similar footwear, but to me they are not the most comfortable. There is something about them that just doesn't feel right. Not sure if it is a lack of support due to the largely nylon upper, along with a molded footbed that doesn't exactly fit my foot. They are very stylish. I most recently tried on the Moku Pae and sent them back. I am only speaking of covered shoe variety, not the flips. For flips, I have been a REEF fan since I first went to Hawaii in 1988.

I suppose I'll have to stop by REI

Reef fan here, too. I was the Reef wearer while everyone else here seemed to prefer Rainbow (they fit my feet very strangely). I may end up with another pair yet

OluKai has some nice looking casual slip ons I like, as well. In fact, I may go that route. I'm just wanting something light, breathable for hot weather, very casual but with a little touch of style, too. Their 'mocs' and drivers are nice looking, I like the fact that the heel is meant to be stepped on to function as a slip on. Would still look great in jeans or shorts

These, for example

Screenshot_20210315-093808_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-093744_Chrome.jpg

I've had these since 2017, original insoles, which are easily washable, the shoes look great, and the soles haven't worn much at all and I wear them year round, with and without socks. most comfortable shoes I have for my slightly wide feet. love 'em!
olukai.jpg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I haven't tried the shoes, but the flips are very nice. About 4 years ago I was in a store in Freeport, ME and they had a sale. I tried a cheaper pair and they didn't quite agree with my foot, but the slightly over $100 pair were the most comfortable flips I've tried. I wore them for a day and went back and purchased another pair while they were still on sale. I wear them for two years, so now I'm also shopping for a new pair.

Top Bottom