Olive Wood Again,,,,,,,,Nice Grain!

Discussion in 'Brush Making and Restorations' started by Graydog, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

1. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

I really Like this Olive Wood , it has a really nice scent when you are turing
    Thanks to @Clay S for sending me this cool wood with outstanding Grain .[​IMG]
    Olive.jpg2.jpg Olive4.jpg Olive3.jpg

Attached Files:

2. I love the grain in that. Olive wood is such a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to get the bed frame we are painting out of the basement so I can get back to turning.

3. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Emeritus

We have an olive wood cutting board we brought back from a trip to Greece a few years ago. Wonderful looking piece of wood, just like the brush.

4. REV579

REV579 Contributor

That is nice! I looks like a communion cups I brought back from a trip to Israel many moons ago. Can you adequately seal the wood?

5. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

You can seal just about anything
    Flex Seal TV Commercial, 'Family of Products'

6. REV579

REV579 Contributor

I don’t know how I’d feel putting that inside the cup...it looks nice there too.

7. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

I was trying to be funny :(

close to the end he tells you how to make it safe to use .

8. emwolf

emwolf Contributor

very gnarly!

9. REV579

REV579 Contributor

I guess I’ve seen too many posts and articles that weren’t trying to be funny today.
    My apologies for missing it.

10. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

That is a really nice piece of olive wood. The grain is outstanding.

11. Thanks for the mention @Graydog. I appreciate your turning a handle for me as well! I'm glad the black palm/olive wood complemented each other so well. Seems your getting as many handles out of it as I hoped you would.

I'm glad the grain turned out so well! It is so hit and miss when mail ordering. Even hand picking woods can lead to both good and bad surprises sometimes.

12. Beautiful work, as per usual Mr Dawg. Very nice of Clay, also as is his usual.

13. Outstanding! Olive wood is beautiful and you are certainly bringing out that beauty.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

14. That reminds me of a chain and of a "ball in box" my dad whittled. My grandfather could carve though! Horses, elephants, antique women's boot, etc.

15. Nice work!

16. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

Thanks ,That Olive wood is really nice !