What's new

Olive oil and Bread

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I'm now wanting to make some bread. This can't end well. To make matters worse, I just took a buttermilk pie out of the oven. Damned corona virus!

Anyone else do this. Take an little olive oil (Any type) on a plate w/ salt and pepper.Then dip the bread into the oil..

Lots of restaurants do this instead of butter. Sometimes there will be olives mixed in with the olive oil as well as roasted peppers. It's delicious and far healthier than schmeering a pat of butter on there.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I wonder how much you gain watching this video ...

That is one of my favorite scenes from that show. That's saying something, too, as I loved that show. I have it on DVD, and it might be time to watch it again, perhaps with a lovely Bagna Cauda.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm just going to say yes. Fresh baguette olive oil, balsamic, herbs, oven roasted garlic etc. etc.

Now . . . just to make sure we are fat and happy . . . get one of those fondue pouches from the grocer. Dice up the baguette . . . empty the pouch into a microwaveable bowl and use your fondue forks you have from the 70's and bang . . . cheesy heaven.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You people made me get up and bake some semolina bread.

20200405_160618.jpg

Anyone else do this. Take an little olive oil (Any type) on a plate w/ salt and pepper.Then dip the bread into the oil..

I don't know if this makes sense
but olive oil and bread seems to put fat on me,
more than the same amount of calories
from any other source.

This is one of the few ways I eat bread. Depending on the mood, just salt, salt and pepper, chili flakes and salt... soy sauce, Worcestershire or vinegar too (I prefer with a hint of Worcestershire and chili flakes), or just everything :c1:. This is a classic breakfast along the Mediterranean basin. EVOO is one the many things we have been blessed with in that part of the world (and many more that trough thousands of years, have arrived from the earliest forms of international trade, commerce, wars, conquests etc)
I am curious if anyone has tried bread, olive oil and sugar. I have no sugar at home, but it was recommended by t a friend that loves food too, and he happen to belong to the area with the largest production of olive world in the world, so I give him "some" credit.
I did it sometimes as a child with butter, sometimes with salt, sometimes with sugar, and liked both.

Top Bottom