What's new

Older / Vintage Razors continued

Yesterday my wife suggested again we should visit some more antiques stores to see if we could find more razors. Gotta love her! Ayways off we went and landed a few good ones. I think I can identify them but if any of you have a better idea please let me know:

Razors70320.jpg

From left to right:
1- Gillette Slim Adjustable 1966 (L4)
2- Gillette Super Speed 48-50 (No date code but notched center bar)
3- GEM Featherweight (?)

All 3 seem to be in very good condition

Gem1912.jpg

GEM 1912. I already got one a couple of weeks ago, but this one is mint, almost like new.

Lather catcher1.jpgLather Catcher2.jpg
Ever Ready (1924 leather catcher?) Also in mint condition
This would make a total of 13 razors in two trips to antique stores. My wife's as bad an influence as you guys!!!:em2300:
But in all seriousness, this has been a fun and learning experience. I want to thank @Flintstone65 for the insights he provided me on my previous post. The information was very helpful.
Now all I need to find is a Gillette Fat Boy..............................

Hi,

Excellent! I continue with Older and Vintage razors myself. I have enough, so I leave the looking to you. For those close enough, Cameron NC has several really nice antique shops. :)

Stan

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Yesterday my wife suggested again we should visit some more antiques stores to see if we could find more razors. Gotta love her! Ayways off we went and landed a few good ones. I think I can identify them but if any of you have a better idea please let me know:

View attachment 1121717

From left to right:
1- Gillette Slim Adjustable 1966 (L4)
2- Gillette Super Speed 48-50 (No date code but notched center bar)
3- GEM Featherweight (?)

All 3 seem to be in very good condition

View attachment 1121718

GEM 1912. I already got one a couple of weeks ago, but this one is mint, almost like new.

View attachment 1121719View attachment 1121720
Ever Ready (1924 leather catcher?) Also in mint condition
This would make a total of 13 razors in two trips to antique stores. My wife's as bad an influence as you guys!!!:em2300:
But in all seriousness, this has been a fun and learning experience. I want to thank @Flintstone65 for the insights he provided me on my previous post. The information was very helpful.
Now all I need to find is a Gillette Fat Boy..............................

You have much better (or worse depending on one's desire to spend $) antique stores when it comes to razors than I have ever been in. I went to about 5 antique stores when I first became interested and found one Superspeed in decent condition. Everything else was 1/2 broken junk. What they had was not over priced, it just wasn't good for the most part or much of it.

Great work!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take that lovely lady out to dinner!!
Yes sir!
You have much better (or worse depending on one's desire to spend $) antique stores when it comes to razors than I have ever been in. I went to about 5 antique stores when I first became interested and found one Superspeed in decent condition. Everything else was 1/2 broken junk. What they had was not over priced, it just wasn't good for the most part or much of it.
I've been lucky. The razors are in really good condition and the prices were good.

Top Bottom