What's new

Old vs New Barbasol scent

I personally can't tell a difference between the current stuff, and that used around 40 years ago, when I started shaving, but that's from memory, as I went a lot of years between using it. - The new stuff seems slicker than I remember, but then I started using the likes of a 'band razor', Trac-II, Good-News, and Bic disposables back then.

My sense of smell is awful with some scents, and can barely smell the current stuff, it's just one of those scents I don't really smell. - Yes the Old Spice in a tube, Proraso, Palmolive Lemon, no problem smelling. - I can't really smell most Razo-Rock scents either, or barely at all.

I may be totally wrong but I feel like I remember reading the orange cap sensitive skin version smells similar to the OG barbasol. I may be mixing up two different conversations about barbasol however.

Who can remember a scent exactly from 40 years ago ?

Well I meant in case anyone has vintage cans of it. People do sell vintage shaving creams on ebay...though who knows if they've lost their scent or even gone bad.

Well I meant in case anyone has vintage cans of it. People do sell vintage shaving creams on ebay...though who knows if they've lost their scent or even gone bad.

This is a good one of a guy shaving with a vintage can of Lemon Lime shave cream. Not Barbasol, but fun to watch.

I just bought the Barbasol Sensitive in a tube. I can’t say it has much scent at all. Interesting ingredient list, it is brushless/latherless but I’ve been using and enjoying it for quick shaves.
3BDE44BB-5C8A-4CF1-9E11-63E6CECAB912.jpeg

I also got the Barbasol Brisk AS. The scent is strong. I don’t have a Barbasol memory from back in the day (Williams Mug habit back then), but now I know what the scent of my barber and his barbershop is. Maybe he hoses the place down with it.

I'm guessing that is the classic Barbasol scent. Perio Inc seems absolutely committed to it.

The two items were a very inexpensive buy from the Walgreens website, delivered for free in less than a week to my local store.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I bought my first can of Barbasol because it was the Centenial can. I used it in a whim but found it to be quite nice. I really like the scent and post shave feel which I expect has to do with the lanolin.

Top Bottom