What's new

Old Type

Hi,

I have always figured this to be an Old Type but looking at the base it is marked G/N one the left side and Made in England on the right hand side. Pity about the bent tooth but it's part of its history and I'm too scared to try and fix it.

Is it an old Type or a copy or something else completely?

Thanks,

Brian

Attachments

• $Old Type 002.jpg
    $Old Type 002.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 100
  • $Old Type 005.jpg
    $Old Type 005.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 100
  • $Old Type 013.jpg
    $Old Type 013.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 102
I seen one before, but i cant recall what it stands for G/N MADE IN ENGLAND. Probably the G stands for Gillette and was made for use in a country other than the UK.

proxy.php

Well that's a good start to working out what it is. For use in a country starting with N ... I wonder if it could be New Zealand as that's where I live?

I had a Polsilver in it this morning and it's very aggressive so I got an easy two pass with a little touch up BBS

The razor is well used so I guess someone else like shaving with it too.

Last edited:
I've got two, exactly the same. One of mine had a bent tooth but I straightened it out by gently popping a screwdriver blade between them and very carefully twisting the screwdriver. It worked and now the old girl is my favourite scraper.
If you try, just remember to be gentle.

Be gentle ... got it.

Thanks for the info guys I hope one day to find out exactly what it is but for now Old Type will be fine.

Must be shave time ;] this razor is becoming one of my favorites ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom