What's new

Old Type clone PIF

Okay, been on a razor binge recently and picked up a bunch of vintage Gillette OC razors. So much that I need to make room since I also binged on a bunch of vintage slants. So for one of you lucky ones, I want to PIF the OC that started the vintage Gillette OC binge - my RR Old Type. I bought just the head, but for a limited time, I will include an imitation stainless steel handle that came from a cheap razor that I bought just to get a handle. Don't be fooled by the fact that this is a cheap razor, it is efficient and shaves well and is a very good representation of what a real Old Type shaves like.

I would prefer new members just starting their journey, and especially those that think they are ready to progress to an Open Comb. To be considered, just reply by posting "Give me that old time Old Type".

You have until July 28, 2017. Winner will be chosen next Saturday. I have a second PIF going on for a Tech clone and so if you want to be considered for that, you need to go to that thread.

CONUS only please on account that I'm cheap (why else would I possess an $8 razor head).
DSC01693.JPG

Not in as I have a RR Old Type and I'm not really new anymore. I just wanted to say that I have a RR Old Type and I love that razor. It doesn't get as much use as it used to though, it started my love affair with open combs and my favorites (a Schone and a Fatip Piccolo) get much more face time. If you are new, don't be afraid of the RR Old just because it is an open comb. It is a gentle razor: mild to medium aggressiveness but very efficient. Trust me, you'll like it.

Great PIF!

Top Bottom