What's new

Old Type Clean Up

Hi every one, I recently picked up this Old Type copy for not too much money it was quite obviously in need of a bit of love.

proxy.php

proxy.php

As you can see the Razor is pretty straight and in one piece but a bit grubby and slightly tarnished.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I spent a bit of time today to try and restore a bit of lustre back into the old girl, a hot water bath with some detergent and washing up liquid followed by a stiff bristle brush and a toothbrush with some microfiber cloths and then a final polish.

It is quite a light Razor but shaves very nicely, I've only used it a couple of times but I will definitely be using it more in the future.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It is never going to win any beauty contests or be worth anything but that's not really the point. It's mine.

proxy.php

Thanks for reading.

B

Very nice. Will you have it replated?

Hi thanks, I don't think this one is really a candidate for replated, although it is on ok shape but I think I might wait until I manage to acquire something a bit better.

Cheers.

Nice work!
I was surprised just how well the Old Type shaved. 1 less pass means less chance of irritation & that can't be a bad thing.

Top Bottom